Verizon Wireless will give you a Free iPhone 6 if you Trade ANY iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 5S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HappyDude20, Sep 28, 2014.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I saw the ad on a huffington post commercial break.

I read the fine print and says so long as it's in working condition, they'll give you $200 for any 4, 4S or 5.. And $300 for a 5S.

Reading the fine print I can only find two potential flaws so I'm forced to ask here for council:

1) the fine print says you gotta upgrade your line to a verizon edge plan, whatever that means.

2) you are paid in a verizon gift card of $200-$300, but I'm wondering if this is a cash/check reimbursement or if it's simply a verizon bill credit. Obviously the former would be ideal.

Edit: this deal sounds appealing cause I have 4 lines, of which are all due for a upgrade and fee iphone 6's would be awesome... But I would lose my unlimited data on two of those four lines.

If there is no BS when it comes to the gift card going to my bank account then this deal seems golden. Perhaps somewhat too good to be true, which explains my asking here.

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

neither. it's a prepaid gift card.

3. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

Crawl out from under the rock you've been hiding and join us! Information is cool!:D:D:D

4. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

So, I walk into verizon, buy and upgrade an iPhone 6 for $200 + tax....

Wait two weeks to ship verizon my iPhone 4, and then wait a few weeks to get a verizon gift card worth $200 that can only be redeemed for Verizon stuff such as my bill?

What kind of a promotion is that!

5. accountforit macrumors 6502a

Sounds good for some......except having to sign up for Edge.

6. EzDoesItSC macrumors member

7. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I was told edge is some sort of payment plan, but why would ppl be forced to sign up for a payment plan if they don't need it?

8. accountforit macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure. I was thinking the same thing.

9. EzDoesItSC macrumors member

It's says you can get one by using the edge OR entering into a new 2 year contract OR buying device at full price.

----------

[​IMG]

10. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

So if I go the full retail price route I can still keep my unlimited data and still receive a $200 vzw gift card.... But then we hit the original hurdle of this being only a gift card that can be redeemed with verizon.

11. Noble Actual macrumors 6502a

But you can tell the person to just apply it to your account right then.

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its not bad.
    Use that gift card towards your bill instead.
    Its still $200 whether you use it towards verizon products or services. Then take the money you would pay towards the bill and pay the credit card that you charged your new iphone 6 on for example.

13. Noble Actual macrumors 6502a

You get the deal:

-regular 2 year contract
    -buy the phone at full price

they all work.

14. BeK macrumors regular

BeK

Of course they want you to sign up for Edge (aka ripoff plan) so that if you want to upgrade in a year, you have to give them the phone back so that they can resell it.
    No thanks Big Red, I'd rather sell my own phone for profit.
    If Verizon is so interested in taking the "Edge" off, then they can start with lowering their monthly rates.....

15. dishfan82 macrumors member

Totally agree, Edge is a complete rip off. Sure your cost per line is lowered but you still pay $15 plus $15-32 a month per line on edge so you're still back around $40 plus tax so you don't come out any better. My wife and I switched to t mobile and pay way less and get pretty good coverage.

16. mattbnr macrumors newbie

So basically you pay the $200 upgrade fee and then they just reimburse you with a Verizon gift card?