Verizon Wireless

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by stoutdog101, Jul 19, 2009.

1. stoutdog101 macrumors member

This is just an fyi for all you Verizon users out there (mainly the new ones, like me, who just got bumped over from Alltel).

Verizon's website is often incompatible with Firefox and Safari, according to their tech reps. I just spent 30 minutes on the phone trying to figure out how to set up my account with them, only to be told by the rep that I should "download a copy of IE, because all the other browsers will cause major problems." :rolleyes:

Yea... right...

Thank Jobs for bootcamp!

Way to go, Verizon. :mad::mad::mad:

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Works for me. Do you have the latest version of whatever browser you're using?

3. stoutdog101 thread starter macrumors member

Yea, I have the latest of Safari and Firefox... neither work. The rep said it wasn't a problem in all cases, but it wasn't exactly uncommon. He was a Mac user himself and was clearly used to the problem. As soon as I told him I was on a Mac, he laughed and said that was the problem... then congratulated me for having the "superior machine."

4. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Verizon site works just fine for me on Firefox and Safari

5. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

I've always used Firefox, and have never had any problems with Verizon's pages. Their whole site has always been slow, but everything works fine.

Also, my sister-in-law helps to maintain their websites. She says that they are designed to work in all the popular browsers, both Windows and Mac. It sounds to me like you need to speak with another rep.:rolleyes:

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Report him to his supervisor. Tell them that you are considering going to a company that does not make fun of its customers.

That is fricking inexcusable. :mad:

7. AstrosFan macrumors 6502

AstrosFan

I have used Safari with their website for years. I would be extremely surprised if they didn't support Firefox & Safari.

8. andrew upstairs macrumors 6502

What? The guy was a Mac user.

9. johndoe588 macrumors regular

Just one more data point.....has always worked for me with Safari and just tried it now with Firefox. Works there, too. Can't imagine why he told you that.

John B.

10. dtwwtd macrumors newbie

I've actually been having the same problem recently and I have no idea what is causing it!

It is in both, Safari and Firefox and actually in IE on VMware.

I have problems on the whole site, but a great example of my problem is on the plans page. If you click to shop for either individual or family plans it displays all the plans in tabs across the page, with the different levels for the plans in radio boxes underneath.

With my browsers it shows all of the radio boxes from all of the tabs at once.

The OP is not the only one having problems, because I know that I am too. I can post screenshots if it helps, but I just don't know what to do to fix it. I'm stumped.