Verizon??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Superman6966, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Superman6966 Guest

Superman6966

Could Apple Make A iPhone for Verizon???:confused:
    Cause there supposed to make one in Europe For T-mobile.??
    And I heard That Apple And AT&T has a 5 Year Contract

2. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

Yes, but apple went to verison first, and verison turned them down

European contract and US contract are independent,
    Since there is no AT&T in europe

No one really knows how long the contract was for, that was just the guess.

3. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

Verizon turned downed the iPhone, but maybe they'll take on the gPhone once it comes into final stages... I'm eager to see what happens, I remember Verizon saying something to the extent of that it had an iPhone killer on the way.

4. Superman6966 thread starter Guest

Superman6966

Iphone Killer???

Verizon Is Having an iPhone Killer?
    Is it Touch Screen?, Whos it by?
    And When?:eek:

5. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

6. Superman6966 thread starter Guest

Superman6966

LG Prada

thats Europe, GSM

7. mattster16 macrumors 6502a

Sort of like how Microsoft had an iPod killer on the way? Whatever happened to that anyways...what was it called Zune? :rolleyes:

Of course they will say they have an iPhone killer, doesn't make it true. All the phone companies will from now on say their newest innovative phone is an iPhone killer.

8. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

so any touchscreen product?

is now considered an iPhone/touch kiler? makes no sense

9. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

Verizon would say that.

If you blew the biggest phone deal of the decade you would prob. say that too to save face.

No Iphone on Verizon.

No iPhone killer from Verizon.

Everyphone phone they come out with over the next 2 years is going to be a variation of crud they currently sell now.

10. granka macrumors member

What? Did I miss something? I would like to hear more about this almost deal with verizon.

anyone have anymore information?

11. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Time to set the record straight again.

Verizon was NOT the first choice, they were simply an additional possible choice.

WSJ Original History

Interestingly, as the article relates, Apple didn't even sign the final deal with AT&T until July 2006. Apple must've been desperate, to end up signing a multi-year exclusive.

12. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Apple is not making a "special" phone for T-Mob. There is only one iPhone, but because the iPhone is a "world phone" it is compatible with all 4 GSM frequencies.

Apple has no incentive to make a CDMA phone right now. Maybe when it get to Japan. Maybe.

13. Fuchal macrumors 68020

It was initially but now they have a new condensed format for the bills. I don't know why anyone would want paper bills anyway, I only receive e-bills. Go Mother Nature.

14. Goldenbear macrumors regular

Thanks for the link!

I always wondered why Apple would've approached Verizon first (as everyone keeps repeating, even today), since GSM seems like the most logical choice for world-wide distribution.

15. mpuck972 macrumors 6502

mpuck972

Verizon wont have an iPhone because they require basic functions like picture messaging, gps, a true high speed data network, the ability to sync with exchange accounts, phones you can insure....

16. matticus008 macrumors 68040

matticus008

And basic functions like crippled Bluetooth profiles, disabled data syncing with computers, dumbed-down media functions, wholesale inoperability with international networks, out of control data rate plans (to pay for their quasi-3G network) and locked-down access limited to $4 ringtones and the overpriced, DRM-riddled VCAST service. Then there's the whole charging peak minutes for voicemail access and how they disable the GPS on almost every handset that has it.

17. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

Wrong, try again.
    Verizon won't have an iPhone because they require a clunky GUI, a clunkier Internet browser, and all the V-cast bullcrap they can shove down your throat.

18. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

Apple would need to change their motherboard to use the CDMA chipset. I doubt they will do that. CDMA could be a better technology, but GSM is used by ATT/ T-mobile and Europe.

19. mosx macrumors 65816

I love this post. It's great. It reminded me of how it felt so great to call Verizon and say "I'd like to cancel my service". And then laughing when the CSR tried to sell me on the LG Chocolate as having "features" that the iPhone doesn't. Like $2 over the air song downloads. That require Windows and Windows Media Player. And that most of their music playing phones require Verizon's $30 software add-on for Windows Media Player. The CSR didn't know what to do with himself when I started asking how well that phone would work with a Mac and all of the songs I purchased from iTunes. I laughed again and then told him to just cancel it. He tried to scare me with the termination fee and I just laughed and said "its worth it".

I love how Verizon cripples their phones and their service. Such as the things already mentioned... and others. Like how they charge for the song for ringback tones, and then the monthly fee to use the song. I also like how they charge peak air time to use VZW Navigator on the phones that do have it if you don't pay for one of their ridiculously overpriced "unlimited" plans.

I also like how Verizon will never admit to widespread firmware issues with their phones and simply ignore the problems, even if you can repeatedly demonstrate the issue to their in-store staff. Just ask some Motorola E815 owners what I mean. That phone crashes more often than a virus infected Windows 95 machine, and you have to fight with it to get it to charge. But good luck getting a Verizon employee to admit to that.

And then there are the dropped calls. I live not even a mile away from a Verizon tower, clear line of sight.. dropped calls constantly on all 4 phones that were in this house. Each phone was a different model.

Dropping Verizon was a great decision. Worst customer support I have ever experienced, even worse than HP. Bad phone service.. I don't even mind the fact that I paid the termination fee. $175 was a lot cheaper than waiting out the contract.