Verizon's $30 upgrade fee?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacTownBoy, Sep 21, 2014.

1. MacTownBoy macrumors newbie

This is the first upgrade I will experience, is it always the case that Verizon charges $30, or can you get out of it by asking?

2. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

3. troop231 macrumors 603

BTW, I tried to see if they could waive or credit the upgrade fee for me on a Verizon chat today, and they said they couldn't, but what they did was better: they lowered my monthly bill by $20!

They said it is a customer loyalty plan and is unlimited text + talk and 2GB of data.

Hope this helps :)

4. formerpc macrumors 6502

If you go with their subsidized pricing then you will have to pay the upgrade fee. If you pay full price, up front, for it then you don't have to pay it. As the other poster said- welcome to Verizon. (That said, I just switched from Verizon to T-Mobile because I grew tired of their shenanigans.)

5. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

They say they can't waive it, but some have reported that it's been done. If you catch the right person on the right day, they might offer you a bill credit instead (if they insist it can't be waived).

Unfortunately, this is no good with FAN discounts or those with multiple lines on the account.

6. iono11200 macrumors member

I called to complain and they gave me a $15 credit on my next bill.

7. sbailey4, Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  8. C DM macrumors Westmere

You might get lucky sometimes, but for the most part they typically won't wave it or give credit for it or anything like that.