Verizon's $30 upgrade fee?

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
BTW, I tried to see if they could waive or credit the upgrade fee for me on a Verizon chat today, and they said they couldn't, but what they did was better: they lowered my monthly bill by $20!

They said it is a customer loyalty plan and is unlimited text + talk and 2GB of data.

Hope this helps :)

formerpc

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2009
This is the first upgrade I will experience, is it always the case that Verizon charges $30, or can you get out of it by asking?
If you go with their subsidized pricing then you will have to pay the upgrade fee. If you pay full price, up front, for it then you don't have to pay it. As the other poster said- welcome to Verizon. (That said, I just switched from Verizon to T-Mobile because I grew tired of their shenanigans.)

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
This is the first upgrade I will experience, is it always the case that Verizon charges $30, or can you get out of it by asking?
They say they can't waive it, but some have reported that it's been done. If you catch the right person on the right day, they might offer you a bill credit instead (if they insist it can't be waived).

BTW, I tried to see if they could waive or credit the upgrade fee for me on a Verizon chat today, and they said they couldn't, but what they did was better: they lowered my monthly bill by $20!

They said it is a customer loyalty plan and is unlimited text + talk and 2GB of data.
Unfortunately, this is no good with FAN discounts or those with multiple lines on the account.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

Hope this helps :)
You might get lucky sometimes, but for the most part they typically won't wave it or give credit for it or anything like that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.