Verizon's Exclusive Touch Screen Phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ruinfx, May 13, 2008.

1. ruinfx macrumors 6502a

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2008/05/13/blackberry-touchscreen-phone-to-be-dubbed-thunder/

A lot of people think that the new iPhone will cut into RIMs sales, but it looks like they don't intend to take this one sitting down. I doubt this phone will be able to compete with the iPhone's UI but some people just love BlackBerries(Crackberries) and they have a pretty big following. This phone IMO won't be competing on ease of use and music but the e-mail/business side of things. Looks like Verizon customers will finally have a phone they can brag about.

2. onlycopunk macrumors 6502

I thought blackberry users liked having a full QWERTY keyboard. It would be near impossible to shoot off emails quickly with a touchscreen keyboard.

3. ruinfx thread starter macrumors 6502a

yea it really does seem counterintuitive but hey every phone manufacturer seems to think they need to put out a touch screen phone to remain competitive.

4. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Ugh. The iPhone has inspired so much stupidity in the industry.

It's got a very unique and special touchscreen that works extremely well with fingertips. However, users are stupid and say "oooh touchscreen". But normal pressure touchscreens are very poor interfaces.

So many manufacturers are now just slapping touchscreens onto products just to make it sound as good as the iPhone. This undermines the iPhone's uniqueness, and when people get the phone and realize how frustrating and unintuitive it is they just go back to buttons.

5. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

6. Bosox3 macrumors regular

Bosox3

fake?? umm..ok

7. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

If people want a touch screen phone, they are going to buy the iPhone, not this Blackberry. I bet the UI is going to suck too just like the rest of the touch screen phones that have been thrown together and released to the public.

No one knows what that phone is going to look like either yet.

8. Bosox3 macrumors regular

Bosox3

Yea..thats the case for people w/ At&t..but not Verizon.

or people can go w/ HTC Touch Diamond. Which is a really nice phone.

Im on the fence on which phone to get...the new Iphone or HTC Touch Diamond...either way I still have some time to decide.

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Count me in as being skeptical that RIM would launch a new Blackberry model as exclusive on one CDMA carrier in the US and another GSM carrier elsewhere. That's just idiotic, even if the two companies have a financial tie-up...

10. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

11. Bosox3 macrumors regular

Bosox3

The real thing?? The Iphone is a copycat too though.

12. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

Well it's not fake...the picture is sort of a fake, it is a mock-up of what someone thinks it woll look like...but it sounds to be in the works...

13. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Cool, but I'm still getting an iPhone. Verizon can't sync music with Macs! People out there, you have no idea how much it sucks to take music from a Mac, transfer it to a PC, import it, struggle with XP, name each and every track (using the speakers on the Mac, since the PC speakers don't work) ahh sorry for that rant, I just had to get it out. As my friend says, that just goes to show much both PC's and Verizon fail.

14. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Verizon's Exclusive Touch Screen Phone... Mockup

Wow. What a world beating...mockup

15. yayaba macrumors 6502

Are the touch screens on those other phones even as usable as the iPhone one is? I thought touch screens sucked and all of them felt like the Nintendo DS ones until I used an iPhone.

16. abiallan1 macrumors newbie

hi..

thanks for the link u hav given....

its simply rocking;)

17. detz macrumors 65816

Interesting, but I think it's a fake too. Isn't Verizon exclusive for the new BB though so that should hold people on their network for a while.

18. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Missed what the fake reference is about.

Verizon, Vodafone, Telus, Rogers I think... all will have the Storm.

Vodafone says they'll give Storms for free with a contract.