Verizon's New Plans

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MICHAELSD, Sep 11, 2015.

1. MICHAELSD, Sep 11, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2015

MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

As many of you are aware, Verizon has a new plan where you pick your data pool size and receive unlimited everything else with $20/month for each smartphone line and $40/month for each contracted phone. Does anybody know if we can remove a contracted phone from our plan and add a full-price/Apple Upgrade Program phone to reduce the payment from $40/month to $20/month? Although it would be assumed that the $40/month would be retained until the end of the contract, Verizon allows users to switch a contracted line to a $10/month tablet line.

Fun fact: Verizon offers a 100GB data pool size for $750/month. What a bargain.

I also have to admit Apple single-handedly made Verizon's new plans a worthwhile value for me with their Apple Upgrade Program.

2. vsuri macrumors newbie

You'll pay $40/month for lines under contract even if you replace the original phones with different phones. The price will go down to $20/month once the lines are no longer under contract.

3. MICHAELSD thread starter macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Ah ok, wanted to confirm since if I remove a contracted phone off a $40/month line Verizon lets me switch it to a $10/month line.

4. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

$750 for 100GBs :eek:

With the amount I use on my UDP that would equate to $7,500 in overages a month. Yikes.