Verizon's solution for loose Droid battery covers

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by *LTD*, Dec 18, 2009.

1. xIGmanIx macrumors 6502a

what does that have to do with verizon as motorola is the manufacturer for the hardware? or do you not want any responses since you don't like people questioning your posts?

2. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

A Verizon rep at a Verizon store put a Verizon sicker on a phone sold and subsidized by Verizon and has a Verizon logo on it.

Nope, nothing to do with Verizon. :rolleyes:

Paranoid much?

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Is this your phone? By my count there at least four logos too many on the back of that phone now. :p

4. *LTD* thread starter macrumors G4

*LTD*

It has to do with Verizon's monumental lack of taste . . . not that they'd be able to do much more since the loose battery cover speaks to the quality of the hardware produced by motorola. In both instances, the parties are being cheap.

5. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

Because one Verizon rep used this method for securing a battery door it shows a monumental lack of taste for the entire company?

Your location says Canada so I'm not even sure why you are concerned with Verizon. I am a customer of the company that gives me the best coverage. I live in South Dakota so AT&T is not even an option for me at this time.

6. Goona macrumors 68020

Goona

7. *LTD* thread starter macrumors G4

*LTD*

Verizon is only as good as its reps. That's all the customer ever gets to see.

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Is it possible for you to be any less informed and more wrong? :rolleyes: Verizon is only as good as it's reps? Do you even own a cell phone? If so then tell me, does your service get better when a rep is helpful? If so then tell me who your carrier is please. Verizon has great service with or without helpful reps as one has zero to do with the other.

9. mingoglia macrumors 6502

I'd cut the guy some slack here. Since the phone is purchased/maintained through the Verizon store it's Verizon's responsibility to make things right. It's not like he can cruise into the local Motorola store and get it fixed. Their solution to a probably $500+ (unsubsidized) phone is in all honesty a bit comical. :eek: Talk about band aid solution. :D I don't follow these phones, is this looseness a common problem?

10. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

Really? I get to see my 3G indicator lit up at all times. That reminds me I chose the right carrier for my area.

11. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Sales reps might be the company face we see, but they're not always the brains or intent.

For example, an Apple rep at an Apple store said that 30% is a normal dropped call rate for NYC. Are you claiming that he spoke for all of Apple and ATT?

On other sites with this photo, people who own Droids have responded that there are two far better solutions: 1) slightly bend the back cover tab, and all is well. or 2) ask for a free replacement battery cover.

12. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

Reps?

Ordered mine online. Activated online. No reps, no problems.

Love the coverage but generally speaking, reps suck no matter which carrier you have. You get what you pay for and they are pretty low on any carrier's food chain.

13. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue