Vermont - are there like things to do there at night?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iOrlando, Mar 1, 2010.

1. iOrlando macrumors 68000

looking at trip to middle new england for snow sports. (middle New England as in no interest in northern vermont, new hampshire, maine). too far in the middle of nowhere.

question is are there like actual places to go at night? i cant really seem to find any cities in Vermont that seem to have things to do at night, so if someone is from around there and actually has a city suggestion, I can look more into it. You dont need to specify actual places. something as broad as cities is an improvement from my current results.

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

You sure you want to be around 'those types of people'. I mean, Vermont is a state full of IHOP-type people. Not surprising given all the syrup the produce. :rolleyes:

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I hear cow-tipping is a very popular endeavor there :p

4. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

There's lots of breweries and brew pubs in Burlington. Vermont has lots of good beer. Mmmmm...beer.

5. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

There are a lot of Denny's and Mc Donald's and Motel 6's.....:D

6. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

not as many as you think. its vermont.

there's not really much to do there at night. you can go out to the bar, or you can go out and smoke weed. one of my best friends is from there and every time i've been up there thats pretty much all that happens.

7. tman07 macrumors regular

Ben and Jerry's ice cream, and lots of it.

That, my friends, is all you need.

(Vermont is where all the goodness started... thank you senior year project :) )

8. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

Ouch!!!

Slam on VT day apparently.

----

Honestly, outside of Burlington, there aren't really any "cities" in VT (maybe Montpelier). Burlington is really nice and has a very active night life, but there aren't any other places in middle to southern VT like that.

9. xlii macrumors 68000

xlii

The largest 'city' in Vermont has something like 42,000 people. There are towns (like Framingham, MA) bigger than that.

Things to do at night: movies, books, sleep... really, if you can go with friends you can all make your own good times after the slopes close.

10. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Carry a concealed weapon, no permit required? :D

11. Synchromesh macrumors 6502a

Synchromesh

You got to love all out of state people slamming on your state. As much as I dislike MA myself, I sometimes find it funny what people say to slam it.

12. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

According to the Federal Government, there are no cities in Vermont.

Take it for what it's worth.

13. Surely Guest

Surely

"Those people" are yucky and smelly.:p

And they sit on top of each other in restaurants......

14. RudyGrow macrumors regular

I lol'd.

And no, other than sleep, there is nothing worthwhile to do.

15. paulct macrumors newbie

I have lived in NYC, Boston, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, and Chicago and I must say VT is great. Bars are open till 2am. Smoke some of the best weed anywhere you want. Burlington is a college town full of thousands of hot girls. Brattleboro is just as trashy as Montpellier and Barre though. Burlington is where its at. Home of Ben and Jerrys, Bruegers Bagels, Burton Snowboards, seventh generation, and ******** of amazing breweries. Mostly people 18-30 smokin, drinking, swimming in the lake. A much nicer city than most others. Its illegal to have fast food or drive throughs or bill boards or huge buildings so its not overshitted out like most cities. If you are going places for snow sports- every town around a mountain will have bars open till 2 or later. So LIKE you will LIKE have fun LIKE if you LIKE know where to LIKE look for it LIKE.

16. tlauer1 macrumors newbie

There is like lots of stuff to do in Vermont. You like just need to look around to see what is here. You can like go to the bar or like go to the movies. Like I used to live in Pennsylvania in the middle of like nowhere and I always found stuff to do. I like used to get in a lot of trouble because I would like do bad things out of boredom so I would like suggest that you don't do those types of things. Instead I would suggest like doing something good like picking up a hot like chick taking her to your house or something. This is the kind of thing that you can like do everywhere. I'm sure after finding a chick you will like have no time left in your schedule.