Version 1.1.3???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bigbigbob, Sep 25, 2007.

1. bigbigbob macrumors newbie

I left my iPhone in the dock last night to charge and when I got up this morning I went to iTunes and hit the update iPhone button (like I have been everyday now for a while :)). Then came up the message you are up to date with version 1.1.3!!! I was beyond excited!!! I pulled the iPhone out of the cradle to see the WiFi Store (a REALLY BIG DEAL FOR ME as I purchase all my music throught iTunes these days), but there nothing was different on the phone! I checked the verison under general settings and it showed 1.0.2! I put the iPhone back in the dock and let it sync and then hit the update button again only to get the message that I was up to date with version 1.0.2??? What the!!??!? Am I hallucinating or did anyone else have the same experience this morning???

2. bigbigbob thread starter macrumors newbie

Maybe twenty years ago! :rolleyes:

I swear I am not making this up! And before someone asks, no I was not hungover either!

3. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

Well I suppose if the next update is 1.1.3 then there is some merit here. Otherwise, yeah, you're high :)

4. bigbigbob thread starter macrumors newbie

Even if the update comes in as 1.1.3 that still won't explain what went on this morning! However that might clear my reputation! :eek:

5. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

shrooms should only be taken in moderation.

6. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

Sorry man, thats a little hard to believe, especially with this being your first post and all.

7. sanford macrumors 65816

This would explain it: someone running last minute prep on the update system for an update today inadvertently plugged in the version number of the new firmware into the blank that shows locally in a dialog box reporting your firmware is current if it checks out as current. And then changed it back really quick.

Or, yeah, you're high.

8. bigbigbob thread starter macrumors newbie

...and only on a salad for me! :) I wish I had done a screen capture so you guys would know I'm not making this up! Of course then you would probably accuse me of doing the whole photoshop thing! :mad: I SWEAR IT HAPPENED!!! Doesn't anyone else have the same story??? I can not believe that I am the only one! Somebody back me up!!!

9. sanford macrumors 65816

I believe it. When they announced the new iPods, they had the new A/V cables listed on the store, shipping in about a month back at the time, and they showed the iPhone as compatible with the new dock-connector-style A/V TV-out cables, which of course it will be but they didn't want to leak the TV-out iPhone feature update, so the iPhone icon in the compatibility list was gone in under ten minutes.

10. jediistar macrumors 6502

Well lets take it with a grain of salt and if you are wrong you'll get grouped in with all the other people who have the strangest way of introducing themselves (fake pictures hint hint).

If not, you are our new favorite hero!

11. ellsworth macrumors 6502a

wait so... is WIFI itunes still on your phone or is it gone now?

12. diesel macrumors 6502a

Looks like the OP isn't the only one smoking schrooms............hahahaha

13. bigbigbob thread starter macrumors newbie

Dude, that's the problem. While the update screen on my iMac showed my iPhone up to date as 1.1.3, nothing was actually changed on my iPhone. The Wifi Store was never there despite the updated version number. And then it (the version 1.1.3 notice) disappeared! :eek:. Leaving me totally dazed and confused without any of the aforementioned chemical abuses! ;)

14. The General macrumors 601

Number of posts != amount of credibility.

15. bigbigbob thread starter macrumors newbie

I'll take this with a grain of salt. You don't know me and therefore you can't trust me. That doesn't change the reality of what I saw this morning. Whether I am vindicated in the future or not, I still saw what I saw. :D

Newbie = Untrustworthy ??? Like I said to VoodooDaddy, I get this. You don't know me and this seem way too fantastic to be true. I joined the forum recently to add something to the community. Sorry for everyone that my first post is so controversial! But for the time being, I'll just hide behind my trusty glasses and wait to see what happens! :cool:

16. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Either way...its hardly a big deal...you didn't get the update...so its kind of pointless.

But if the next update is 1.1.3 then it will looks like your telling the truth....

17. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Wait, hang on, you um..... what?

Gee I'm hungry.

18. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

Bob,

I may be the first one to say that I believe you... If even it isn't true, you bring up an interesting issue that the next firmware may be 1.1.3, which would somewhat follow the 1.0.1 --> 1.0.2 path

19. sblasl macrumors 6502a

sblasl

;)

Ah, flashing back to the pastures of East Texas, Nacogdoches if I recall.;)

You don't smoke shrooms.;)

20. Lionheart macrumors regular

Lionheart

My guess is that Bob woke up momentarily trapped in a warp in the time-space continuum. Of course, removing the phone from the dock would seriously interfere with this and jerk him back into the nasty world of 1.0.2.

Too bad you didn't leave it plugged in. You could have provided the rest of us with more info on all those updates that are coming.

Keep smiling, Bob...and thanks for putting up with us. You're an easy target :cool:

21. one1 macrumors 65816

I actually had a weird glitch in safari last night myself for the first time ever. it kept shutting down, then after I restarted my computer it started on the apple page rather than my home page. There were several links to the apple store in my favorites that were not there before.

I just deleted it all and kept surfing.

22. Dixit macrumors newbie

So if you have 1.1.3 then why not Go to General on the phone then About and prove to us you have 1.1.3 on there by taking a picture of the phone?

23. bigbigbob thread starter macrumors newbie

Dude! :confused::confused::confused: Go back and read the first post! If my iPhone was now sporting 1.1.3 as it's current version, then this thread would be of very little interest to the rest of you as you would be scrambling to get your iPhones updated! That's kinda the drama about this thread! Stay focused!

24. Dixit macrumors newbie

Fair enough, my fault.