Version 1.1 Update by end of July - Will have iChat and Copy-Paste feature

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by krimedog, Jul 15, 2007.

1. krimedog macrumors member

Just happened to be on the subway with a Marketing guy from Apple...He had a new inCase protective sleeve that wasn't out on the market yet for his iPhone.

Of course I asked him about the update and when to expect it. He said, its coming out "by the end of the month and will feature Copy-Paste as well as iChat".

So look for the next version in the next 2 weeks. This is no ********. I feel like I'm reporting back to the tribe.

Ha. Can't wait.

2. ventro macrumors 6502a

If they update the firmware too soon it will make all their carefully made intro videos all dated.

3. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

They'll just do them again. They have the moo-la and personnel.

4. Turkish macrumors 6502

"marketing guy from Apple on the subway"

Uh huh.

5. opticalserenity macrumors 6502a

And if the iPhone had a voice recorder, it would have been useful to hear the guy talk about it :)

6. huntnboy04 macrumors regular

...only time will tell

7. krimedog thread starter macrumors member

Ha. Be skeptical. But first wait two weeks and then tell me. Also, it was the Spring stop where the SOHO Apple Store is...my sister just picked up a shuffle (i kind of want one). So it makes sense that he was there.

Interesting. But I think the changes will be subtle enough that the videos still have their relevance. Still glad I'm not on their video production team sounds like a headache.

8. sdm1130 macrumors newbie

People actually believe the things strangers on NY subways tell them? :)

9. DaveGee macrumors 6502a

Hey, it's possible.... Just the other day I met Steve Jobs at a raspberry slurpee machine at a local gas-n-go... For the life of me I couldn't get the man to shut-up about Apples iPhone future plans. He was driving me NUTS.... :rolleyes: :D

Dave

10. krimedog thread starter macrumors member

So what are their future iPhone plans? And Yea. I have no reason to make it up.

11. mobilehavoc macrumors 6502

mobilehavoc

No one is saying you're making it up, but rather you shouldn't believe what someone told you because he happens to work at Apple. There are probably very few people, incl. Jobs, who probably really know when the update is coming and what it will contain. The rest probably know as much as you do.

12. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

And we have no reason to believe you...cheers. :rolleyes:

13. javaGuru macrumors 6502a

javaGuru

I definitely hope this rumor about a iphone update is true. iChat would be a very cool application to have. :)

14. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

I'm amazed how Apple is able to keep so many secrets when their employees are freely giving away info to strangers on the subway.

Amazing :eek:

15. p0intblank macrumors 68030

As nice as this sounds, I can't believe it. Apple is strictly prohibited from leaking any details about their products, so I doubt one of their employees would reveal that kind of information to a random stranger on a subway of all places.

And plus, the end of July seems a little late. I expect an update, even if small, by the end of this week.

16. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

Did you take a picture of him with your iPhone?

17. javaGuru macrumors 6502a

javaGuru

Can this information really be considered to be that secretive? Everyone knows that they will be releasing an update within the near future. :)

18. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

Err, call me dumb but how is ichat going to work when the camera is on the BACK of the phone????

19. javaGuru macrumors 6502a

javaGuru

You can use iChat without a camera.

20. ventro macrumors 6502a

If Apple does add iChat, they want to put the ENTIRE iChat on there, not some stripped down mobile version. That means video.

21. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

I don't agree at all. Most will be happy with a version with everything BUT video.

22. p0intblank macrumors 68030

Why would they put video chat support if the camera is on the back? Sorry, but I disagree.

23. javaGuru macrumors 6502a

javaGuru

I don't agree with that either. I think most people would be very happy with a text only based version of iChat. I for one would be very happy with this.

24. The Prise macrumors member

i love how the apple marketing rep is risking his job to some stranger on the subway. we will see an update. 2 weeks maybe 1 week maybe 2 days maybe 1 months maybe. maybe, maybe...

25. javaGuru macrumors 6502a

javaGuru

There definitely seems to be a lot of maybes involved. The reality is that no one really knows when the update will be released or what it will contain.