Version 1 iPhone going from 1.1.4 to 2.0.2

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Rotara, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Rotara macrumors member

Just done it and everything is okay-ish.

Used the Pwnage Tool 2.0.3

Just a few issues with the new firmware and related unlock (these are not gripes, just issues I've uncovered, so no-one jump down my throat please).

1. The much talked about Mail issue - It is not related to a 2G compatibility issue as I've just carried out a fresh restore not restoring from a 2G backup. There is quite a technical workaround, but it is not for the fainthearted.

2. WiFi drops connection every few minutes and infuriatingly does not remember your password. I guess the dropping connection is the iPhone detecting no data traffic and powering down to conserve energy. But why doesn't it reconnect instantly like how 1.1.4 used to? I remember coming home and it instantly reconnected to my WiFi network. Not anymore. Others have commented it's to do with storing password. Again, there appears to be a SSH workaround.

3. Passcode Security does not work. It just doesn't. Tried it many times, but it just doesn't enable which means for the more paranoid (cautious) among us, we'll have a rather expensive and sought after handset with all our friends & family personal details at the ready, worrying.

Apart from that everything else seems to work okay.

:::< Edit >::: Dev Team working on an update.. my advice is wait before updating to 2.0.2.

2. mercury201 macrumors newbie

hi

i don't know how to update my iphone 2g to firmware 2.x from 1.1.4, can you help?