Version 1 iphone price after 3G Launch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Loonytik, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Loonytik macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

There are many reasons for me personally to delay buying the 3G iphone on launch day (No 32GB which I am willing to wait for, no 3G coverage in my area etc.) so I am considering the version 1 iphone for the time being.

Where do you put the price point for a refurbished gen 1 iphone from Apple? And, do you think the price for the plans will be the same as the "advertised" 3G iphone plans?

I put the 16GB Refurbished iphone at $249 after the 3G launch, just a hunch. And I believe the AT&T plans will be the same as the 3G plans.

Thoughts?

2. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

I know its been rumored, and possibly confirmed, that Apple will not be selling refurbished 1st gen iPhones

And the price will be much higher than you think...look on ebay. 8gig iPhones are selling for upwards of $400-500 because those phones will be easier to hack for other networks.

so dont plan on spending less than $300 dollars on a USED (not even refurbished) iPhone

3. ayale99 macrumors 6502

I don't see the price coming down much on 1gen iphones. There's not enough 3g coverage in the US to warrant everybody buying a 2gen phone. Plus, people love to hack the 1gen for use in other countries & carriers. With the app store coming, 1gen are going to be that much more popular,retro-ish. Na, the price will hold for a while anyways.

4. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Have you EVER heard of a company selling a product that has been revised? It ain't happening.

5. Loonytik thread starter macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

Yes I have actually, Apple, with every single product that has been revised in the past. You could get gen 1 refurbished ipod nanos up until a few months ago at the Apple store.

6. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

Yes, but in the case of the iPhone, Apple has already sold their stock. They would have been selling them for the past 2 months if they had them.