Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dance

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2006
Hi,

Does anyone know when 10.4.8 is due to be released? 10.4.7 broke my firewire devices.

Thanks

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
dance said:
Hi,

Does anyone know when 10.4.8 is due to be released? 10.4.7 broke my firewire devices.

Thanks

It'll be out when it's ready. Nobody knows exactly.

dance

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2006
Kernow said:
It was seeded to developers at the end of last month, so it's being worked on, but I'm not sure of the average lag between seedings and release.

Thanks.. Anyone else had issues with there firewire devices and version .7?

relimw

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2004
SC
dance said:
No problems on any of my PPC-based machines, can't tell you on my vaporware 3GHz machine. Are you on Intel or PPC?

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Kernow said:
It was seeded to developers at the end of last month, so it's being worked on, but I'm not sure of the average lag between seedings and release.
I know that someone made a chart showing the time between updates for 10.0.x to 10.4.x.

Kernow

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2005
Kingston-Upon-Thames
dance said:

I was thinking no, but I've just realised that my M-Audio Projectmix I/O (a firewire audio interface/control surface) has stopped working recently. I had put this down to the unit being simply bust, but this has made me think. I'll have to go back and look at the timings of when I installed 10.4.7 and when the thing stopped working.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
It's actually been seeded twice now, right? Meaning it's relatively close?

I don't have any major problems. My iMac has one or two weirdnesses going on right now, that I have been unable to fix, and over which I'm being lazy and not archive & installing. I'll wait and see if 10.4.8 fixes them by chance, or if not, then I'll just do it. That's mostly the only thing I'm waiting for.

PatrickF

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2006
Blighty
I have lots of applications that are randomly crashing with kernel exceptions. This never happened with 10.4.5 or 10.4.6. I have also tested my machine with the hardware test and I've thoroughly tested the RAM with memtest - all tests pass.

I do hope that 10.4.8 resolves this issue.

crees!

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2003
MD/VA/DC
dance said:

Nope, none at all. External HD's (FW800) and iPod (FW400) work just fine.

Though one thing I do hate is when you have your iPod ejected but still plugged in to charge and then launch iTunes, iTunes hangs until you unplug the iPod.

dance

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2006
Kernow said:
I was thinking no, but I've just realised that my M-Audio Projectmix I/O (a firewire audio interface/control surface)

Yes this is the same issue as me. I spoke to M-Audio and they said Apple have "broken" something on the 10.4.7 release and hopefully will be fixed for .8! Seems a bit shoddy but hey said exactly the same thing happended on the 10.3.7 release?!?! Very annoying as I can't use my new mac pro until this is fixed sob...

Kernow

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2005
Kingston-Upon-Thames
The weird thing is that I get no responsiveness out of the ProjectMix, even if it is not plugged into the mac. In the past, if it wasn't plugged in, there still would be information on the LED screens, but now there is absolutely nothing, so I guess that the unit is properly borked. Whether or not this was caused by the 10.4.7 update I don't know. :rolleyes:

Anyway, mine was still under warranty, so they came round & picked it up on Thursday, so hopefully it'll get sorted. The only problem comes if it is 10.4.7 that is causing the problem - I don't want another broken unit.

rye9

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2005
New York (not NYC)
Should b out within a week.. either next tuesday or earlier, it's been about 3 months, which is a little above average for OS updates from looking at their download page.

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
PatrickF said:
I have lots of applications that are randomly crashing with kernel exceptions. This never happened with 10.4.5 or 10.4.6.
I thought it was just me or my firewire external hd acting up! My Elements, Preview, and iPhoto started crashing after 10.4.7 update; I've upgraded ram to 1 gig recently to solve it, but haven't really had time to test...:confused:

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
has anyone experienced battery life decrease w/ 10.4.8?

coreduotemp shows that the frequency is at 2.17 at all times for mbp 2.16

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.