Version 4.2.1 update or not to update?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Peter Franks, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Peter Franks macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Hey people. What is the general consensus amongst you. Should I update the 4.2 to 4.3 or not worry about it. Usually updates ruin things historically. Has anyone done it and reverted back to 4.2? My only gripe is 3G and am guessing that's the network not the phone. 4.2 has been OK for me. But did update improve day to day stuff, Emails, Safari, etc.

2. TraceyS/FL, Jul 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2011

TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Duh.... Don't mind what i posted before, I missed you where in the UK. I ASSumed that anyone that could go to 4.3 would have.... That only us crippled Verizon users would be stuck back in 4.2 land.

I did 4.3.3 on my iPad with no complaints! LOL!!

3. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I didn't see what you posted before....

But I know many UK based that haven't bothered with it so wondered what I was missing? Guessing you guys over the Verizon pond had fun with it then huh?!

4. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

What model iPhone do you have? If you have a 3GS or iPhone 4 then there is no reason not to upgrade, even with a 3G you should as I believe performance improved for the 3G with 4.3. The only thing you should be cautious about is if your phone is unlocked or you want to unlock it in the future as then you would want to preserve your baseband, however I am unsure what firmware the last unlock able baseband was in so you may already be past that on 4.2.1 anyway.

5. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

Hi, yes it's the iP4. If you say it can bear a relevance on 3G then I will definitely give that a go. It's not unlocked no. At least I don't think it is! Never has been from my network before.