vertex 3 macbook pro 2011 17"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by getheo, Sep 30, 2011.

1. getheo macrumors member

getheo

I put my vertex into my mbp and i run disk speed test.I got 442MB/s Write and 491 MB/s read.Are they ok? Is it necessary to do smc or pram reset? Thanks

Moreover AJA system not working

2. DustinT macrumors 68000

DustinT

Ya, you'll definitely want to do smc\pram resets. Also, its worth checking what version of the firmware you are running in case its very old.

I'm running 2.06 on mine and its been working perfectly for months now. Great drive, I'm sure you'll love it.

3. getheo thread starter macrumors member

getheo

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

No. The TRIM hack thread is full of people with Sandforce controller drives like the Vertex who have had trouble after turning on the hack. The built in garbage collection in the drive is all you need.

5. DustinT macrumors 68000

DustinT

Yup... I'd avoid the trim hack for now. Sandforce drives really don't need it.

Take a look at the attached screenshot. This is from my 256g Vertex 3 thats been installed for a few months of normal usage now. The performance hasn't dropped a bit compared to your brand new drive. Trim hack isn't needed for most users.

Attached Files:

6. madonionrings macrumors member

I have similar score as OP with my Vertex 3. I also have trim hack enabled and everything seems to be ok. Not that this is after the EFI 2.2 update.

7. getheo thread starter macrumors member

getheo

Ty for the answers.Is there any way to see what firmware it has from lion?