Vertical belt case for 6 plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by blulegend, Oct 4, 2014.

1. blulegend macrumors regular

Anyone find a good vertical belt case for the 6 plus yet? Looking for something that will fit it with the Spigen Air Skin case. Also, I may use the Apple leather case too. Thanks!

2. blulegend thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks! I will look into that one.

What about a leather pouch with a flap type holster?

3. comptr macrumors 65816

I've been looking for that type of case too.

4. davewolfs macrumors regular

Storyleather has these.

5. mjpearce023 macrumors 6502

I got this one and it fits perfect with the apple leather case. No wiggle or anything. The only think I don't like is that it says sprint on the front of it but I don't tuck in my shirt much so I can live with that. It has a nice feel to it but I wouldn't say its worth 40. I had gone to 5 different stores the day I got my 6 and this was the first one i found that was a prefect fit. Let me know if you need any pics.
    http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/sho...16&accCatId=acc9003cat&deviceIndependent=true

6. Shark5150 macrumors 6502a

Shark5150

Just got this from eBay. Looks and fits IP plus perfectly

Attached Files:

7. Mr.C macrumors 601

SF Bags have a pretty good reputation. This is their vertical belt case for the 6 Plus. They state it will work with the Apple cases. It should also work with the Spigen cases I imagine. I'm actually thinking about getting this one.

http://www.sfbags.com/collections/iphone-cases/products/iphone-spinn-case

8. Shark5150 macrumors 6502a

Shark5150

I considered the SF bags but it's a personal taste issue. Looks too much like a satchel to me. The one I got fits the phone perfectly with my Spigen case and the leather is top quality (made in America too!).

9. blulegend thread starter macrumors regular

Shark, I think I saw that brand online too but i was considering the one with a rotating belt clip. How is the clip on yours? As far as the fit, I have the Apple leather case, a Spigen hybrid, and a Spigen Air Skin. Should all fit based on your experience I think.

10. macher macrumors 6502a

macher

Do you have a link to the one with a rotating clip.

11. blulegend, Oct 7, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2014

blulegend thread starter macrumors regular

12. macher macrumors 6502a

macher

Is there any holster that isn't enclosed that is a snap that will hold the likes of the Verus Thor?

13. Mr.C macrumors 601

Fair enough. I actually feel the opposite. Personally I don't like the one you posted as it looks cheap and not as well made. I like the look and design of the SF Bags one more. I've emailed the. To find out how much it would cost in total using FedEx and I'm very much tempted to get it. Hopefully my iPhone 6 Plus in a Spigen Ultra Hybrid or the Shumuri case will fit inside it. I'm assuming if it's compatible with the Apple cases it should be.

14. Shark5150 macrumors 6502a

Shark5150

The clip is stationary on mine. Works very well though. The case will accommodate most, if not all, Spigen or the like. Leather is soft and looks great. Not cheap looking at all. Several people have commented on it at work already. Good value at $25 IMO.

15. macher macrumors 6502a

macher

I like the look of the SF Bags myself. But it's vertical. What happens when you sit? Might jab you in the leg.

16. dtao819 macrumors newbie

That's a good point I was thinking the same thing.

17. macher macrumors 6502a

macher

I emailed SF Bags support and the response was...

"The clip is actually a belt loop. We left enough wiggle room that when you sit down it's easy to rotate so it won't jab you in the leg."

18. blulegend thread starter macrumors regular

The rotating version of the one I linked above may solve that issue.

Did anyone get the rotating one btw? I just got back from a trip and thinking about actually ordering it.

Shark, so the stationary clip does not lift the case off your belt or jab you when you sit? Thanks.

19. Shark5150 macrumors 6502a

Shark5150

Blue, On my fixed clip case, it works very well. It has not lifted off or pushed up from my belt when I sit. I've had it for more than a week and use it every day both at work on my suit pants as well as my jeans.

20. blulegend thread starter macrumors regular

So I got mine today.

I got the one with the rotating clip. I don't like it, unfortunately.

I feel there is a lot of extra material so it is loose. I also feel like the flap is too big. It could be smaller so you don't have to have so much room above it to get to your phone. I also think that maybe the front part under the flap is too tall and makes it difficult to get your fingers on the phone. You pretty much need to grab from the sides. But on such a thin phone, grabbing from the sides is not as secure. Also, the rotating clip hangs very low. After reviewing the pictures, the stationary clip seems to be in a better location so part of the case is above your belt.

21. comptr macrumors 65816

are their any that are cheaper like 25.00 or less that actually fit the six plus with a semi thin case ?

22. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

23. Mr.C macrumors 601

I've been contemplating getting that case but wasn't sure of the quality and feel of it. Is it well made and does it feel like it will last a long time. Does the leather feel good. I have a Spigen case on my 6 Plus and was thinking of getting the version that's for the phone with the Apple case on it hoping it will also work with the Spigen or other similar case instead.