Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
So, I was doing some thinking, considering there is not much space with my current setup. Having my two 23" Cinema Displays vertical would be a pretty neat trick, one on each side of the two 30 inchers. Other than just turning the display though I was wondering how I could manage this.

The VESA mount kits for these are ridiculously costly on eBay and there's a second model release of them that is NOT compatible. That one of course is prevalent over the older version that is. There are some on Amazon that say they are compatible and cost less, but I'm unwilling to try and fail. I'd also need something to mount them on.

So, I thought I'd do a search and see what other people came up with. I ran into this: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/vertical-cinema-display.341260/

Good old MacRumors. :D

Post #9 has a good suggestion, and I tracked it down here: https://web.archive.org/web/20090801075944/mortarandpixel.com/blog/2008/09/vertical-cinema-display/

When my table finally arrives, I am going to give this a shot. Further, I was also thinking that there could be something run through the hinge (both on the stand and the display) that would keep both tied together at least. Going to have to see when I get them apart. But I like the idea of the stand still supporting the display. This should give me plenty of room for the ACD and the computers I usually place on the right side.

@digitalField if you're still out there, thanks for the tip!

Reactions: Amethyst1

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
I would get some this strong wire like picture hanging wire and run it through the hole from the screws and attach to the stand. Should keep it from accidentally falling over if bumped.
That's what I was thinking. Some heavy gauge picture wire. Home Depot is down the street so it shouldn't be an issue to get a hold of. I was also thinking I'd use some sort of eyelet and needle nose pliers to twist the wire tight. The displays are going to be against a wall so that also helps.

Reactions: Amethyst1
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.