Vertical green line on MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by newmacchick, Oct 12, 2007.

1. newmacchick macrumors member

So recently, on the left side of my screen, a vertical line has been appearing about 1 px thick. It used to be only when I started to close the display, and then it was blue. If I bent the left side of the screen just a little bit, it would go away while closing. Then it started going from blue to green. Then it started appearing when I had the screen open. Now it flickers on and off, and it recently started becoming a few pixels thicker but is now back to 1 px thick. Sometimes it disappears if I go to a hot corner and display all the windows at once.

A thing to know about my MBP is that it's had a bit of screen warp ever since I got it; on the left side of the screen when closed, there was always a bigger gap between the screen and the chassis than on the right side.

Thoughts about what this could be?

Also, I have an AppleCare plan...will Apple fix screen issues at no cost to me? Reduced cost? (I couldn't figure that one out in the AppleCare guide...)

Thanks,
    nmc

P.S. MBP is a Core 2 Duo 15 inch 2.2 Ghz, BTO, I think it's either week 23 or 33, I got it in the beginning of August.

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

it could be the Graphics card maybe. if you still have any warrenty left on it take it to apple and have them fix it. I'm pretty sure that it is some sort of hardware issue.

3. Templex macrumors regular

Since the lines at first only appeared when you were closing it, I think it could be a loose display connector cable. The graphics card is another very possible reason, though.

4. cookenoid macrumors newbie

Hi, just wondering if you found out what the problem was with the green line as my mbp has started doing it aswell...?

jon

5. deltaiscain macrumors regular

That's a hardware problem. I'd suggest going to an apple store to have the check it out.

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Does adjusting the hinge fix the issue? If it does, it's definitely a loose cable or connector; if it doesn't well it could be anything.

Either way since you have AppleCare get it checked out. (AppleCare = Free repair if product defect)

7. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

It definitely sounds like a cable is loose. I had this problem on my old iBook, Apple replaced the screen and logic board.