Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

consumedsoul

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 14, 2008
Hi all,

Just got my Apple TV in today, and set to 1080i and after entering the main menu I see a thin vertical green stripe on the right side of the tv that won't go away [have a Philips ambilight plasma]. I don't have this issue when I'm watching dvds or on my comcast dv-r.

Anyone else experience this? Do I have it setup incorrectly somewhere?

Thx ahead for the help!

Jason Edwards

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2007
Hi all,

Just got my Apple TV in today, and set to 1080i and after entering the main menu I see a thin vertical green stripe on the right side of the tv that won't go away [have a Philips ambilight plasma]. I don't have this issue when I'm watching dvds or on my comcast dv-r.

Anyone else experience this? Do I have it setup incorrectly somewhere?

Thx ahead for the help!

I have a Philips plasma that had the same thing. The screen is out of alignment. On the TV remote you have the big circle with the OK in the middle. Just click the right or left buttons around the "OK" to adjust the screen right or left. Thats all it takes to fix that problem or at least it was for me.

Hope that helps,
Jason

consumedsoul

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 14, 2008
Worked!

You're awesome Jason - that fixed it.

Thx!

I have a Philips plasma that had the same thing. The screen is out of alignment. On the TV remote you have the big circle with the OK in the middle. Just click the right or left buttons around the "OK" to adjust the screen right or left. Thats all it takes to fix that problem or at least it was for me.

Hope that helps,
Jason

tamsburks

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2010
Thank You Soooo Much

Thank you so much for your info on this! My husband and I were having the same problem and we thought it was our DVD player. That did work and now you have saved us the money and trouble of buying a new DVD player. Which would not have fixed it. :D
Thank you again.
And it is a Philips LCD that we have. Just for refrence

ewalrad

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2010
South Florida
Thank You

I have lived with this for some time now. I feel like an idiot for not checking on this earlier. Thanks for diminishing my irritation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.