Vertical holster?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Bressler, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Bressler macrumors newbie

I like having a vertical holster with a belt clip. I currently have the Marware case, but it uses a very weak velcro-like closure, so the top keeps opening. Has anyone seen a case with belt clip that has a secure closure and holds the phone vertically?

TIA

2. Cyclotrode macrumors regular

Cyclotrode

Can't help you with a vertical case, but if you ever want a nice horizontal case with a sturdy velcro enclosure, then get the DLO HipCase from the AT&T Store.

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-ph...id=cat980639&q_sku=sku980649&_requestid=99897

Here's some better pictures of it at the DLO site:

http://www.dlo.com/Products/HipCase_Prod.tpl?command=showpage&cart=11913486162123361

I've done a bit of searching for a horizontal case that fits your criteria, but have come up blank. Most of the ones that I have seen have a magnetic latch, but I'm leary of magnets and electronics. Hopefully you will be able to find what you're looking for.

3. Bressler thread starter macrumors newbie

The issue with the Belkin (and others like it) is that it seems like it uses only friction to keep the phone in the case. Is that sufficient?

4. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

I can't vouch for it since I use this

5. forrestmc4 macrumors regular

RE: Belkin belt clip

I used the belkin belt clip for about 4 weeks before tossing it in a drawer. While the friction was generally enough to hold the phone in place I will never forget hopping off a bus in a hurry and watching my iPhone fly onto the sidewalk. After that I found myself grabbing the iPhone to keep it in place when I was in a hurry. Similar incidents occurred a handful of other times before I stopped using the thing. Additionally, the fact that the holder relies entirely on friction means that you cannot keep it in another case, for example my current rubberized cover, and also use the holder. Of course far thinner "film" covers will work with the holder.

Overall, I would give the product a "B." It does the job it was made to do, just make sure you don't go running down a hall without grabbing onto your beloved phone.