Vertical Laptop Stand

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by itsallinurhead, Jan 7, 2008.

1. itsallinurhead macrumors 6502

itsallinurhead

Does any company make a laptop stand that holds the laptop in a vertical position for running in clamshell mode? :confused:

2. Jeremy81 macrumors 6502

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

While the floater is not worth $300, it is built quite nicely.

4. sparkie7 macrumors 68000

sparkie7

I like the balmuda floater too. screw the cost. u pay for quality is all i say. the only Q is all these vertical stand companies show photos with laptops placed hinged down. thats a big no no. they should be placed upwards to allow the vent to be facing upwards to vent heat directly up. NOT DOWN into the cradle for it to roast your laptop circuits, drives and internals.

Whats the definitive about using laptops in clamshell/closed mode. Isn't the overheating going to affect the internal components over time? Especially hooked to say a 30" ACD doing heavy graphics work :eek::confused:

5. rdowty macrumors 6502a

rdowty

+ for the BookArc. I had one for a few months before I stopped using my laptop with an external display.

6. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

wow, I bet balmuda wish there were more suckers like you. I think you're confusing quality with ass raping. It is made from a piece of metal, not gold last time I checked.