Vertical Line in screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by justabrake, Oct 13, 2015.

1. justabrake macrumors member

Bringing in my macbook pro 17" late 2011 in tomorrow for a diagnostic test I had it in apple sometime around April i believe for a video card replacement but now I have this line down the screen when playing movies or TV not so much youtube thought ! any guess what this problem may be ?

IMG_0131.jpg

2. justabrake thread starter macrumors member

I brought my macbook in for this video card when it went dead But the other day as you see the picture it shows a wide line ! I brought it in yesterday and the tech put it on the software and ran test video card show OK then he told me a bunch of crap and my HD was bad and that the screen needs replacing and maybe one of the ribbon cables are bad or loose but if they work on it in house for the screen is $312 and out of house is $700. then I said print me out a work order and give it to me and he said he's not done with it yet and he said he'd mail it to me NEVER DID and I left with my book and said I'll give it to my son to bring to the flagship store in manhattan, Well I went back and he was on lunch and I talked to the others about a printout of what he diagnose as the problem and a given estimate and they said they will email it to me when he gets back from lunch ! NEVER DID ! So today I got the email from apple saying how did everything go ! Well I told them of the problem ..............waiting to hear back from them ........Guess what ! ! ! I don't see that line yet .................it might be a loose ribbon cable or a cable or not seated right ! whatever I can't recreate it. But I will take it to the flagship store in manhattan before Feb. 2016 !