vertical line of cyan pixels

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by bloogersnigen, Dec 6, 2008.

1. bloogersnigen macrumors regular

bloogersnigen

I have a Mac Pro (2.8 Ghz, 10 GB RAM, ATI 2600) and a Dell 3007WFPH display (30"). Recently a vertical line of cyan pixels appear around the middle of the screen. Is this a problem with the screen or the graphics card? or something else entirely?

Thanks,
    Ben

2. bloogersnigen thread starter macrumors regular

bloogersnigen

So I unplugged the display (should have done this first) and the line was still there. guess I'll have to send it back.

3. scottydawg macrumors 6502

scottydawg

This is a problem with the screen, stuck pixels. I had a Dell 2408 that had about 4" of those a few months back. They will have no problem replacing the monitor.

4. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

It's probably the screen. I had some on my imac before they were like thin vertical lines and there were a couple of those on my screen. It was really annoying. I suggest you might want to send it back and have them fix it for you...

5. cube macrumors G5

You will have to try with either another graphics card or another screen at the same resolution.

6. scottydawg macrumors 6502

scottydawg

He unplugged the display and it was still there... don't think a disconnected graphics card would have anything to do with it at that point. :rolleyes: