Vertical Line re-appears

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mvs, Sep 26, 2010.

1. mvs macrumors newbie

I have a vertical line that appears on my screen and it's happened before. I took a screenshot but it doesn't appear?

The last time this happened, it was fixed for free but I'm wondering if this is a common issue or is something wrong with my model?

Version 10.6.4

2. Mike330R macrumors member

I have the same issue. I think it's the LCD connector. If I move or wiggle the screen it will go away.

Annoying though!

3. MartyF81 macrumors 6502

It is a hardware problem. Cable or screen, or connector.

The reason you cannot see it on your screenshot is because Mac OS is taking a "picture" of what it is sending to the video card to display.... it isn't actually taking an image of your screen.

4. mvs thread starter macrumors newbie

If it's a hardware problem, then does Apple acknowledge and cover even if not under plan any longer?

Not sure what you mean by, "Cable or screen, or connector."

5. MartyF81 macrumors 6502

They won't cover it if you are out of warranty... typically.

I am saying it is probably one of those 3 things that has failed.

6. mvs thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah....
    I was wondering if others had this problem because the second time I took it in, the genius guy told me there was a "known" issue which is why they covered it, although I wasn't under warranty any longer. The first time it was still under warranty.

But, this is becoming a hassle. So it's the third time, same issue and that's why I posted to see if this has been a "known" issue and if others had it resolved to their satisfaction.