Vertical Lines and Shifted Screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Elizabethtt, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Elizabethtt macrumors newbie

Elizabethtt

For the past few days I've had a bunch of thin black lines on the left side of my screen (mid-2015 Macbook Pro), and my screen is shifted so that I can't access the Apple Menu on the left. When I move my Dock to the left, it also disappears. I've tried resetting the PRAM and changing the screen resolution, but this hasn't helped.

I have an extended warranty, so can bring it in for a fix, but if there's a simple fix of course I'd rather do it on my own. Any ideas what's going on?

(Interestingly, when I tried to take a screen shot to post here, the lines weren't visible to the internal camera, and I could see the Apple Menu on the far left of the screen shot although it's not visible on my actual screen. The photo looked exactly as the screen should, but the screen itself is definitely wonky.)

2. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

could be your graphics card is failing. Take a picture with your iPhone. You might have enable zoom feature in the accessibility menu?

3. Elizabethtt thread starter macrumors newbie

Elizabethtt

Thanks, puckhead! I checked to make sure Zoom wasn't enabled, and it's not. All display options are set to Normal/default, and the text is the right size, just the screen is shifted left. I'm attaching a photo...

IMG_1061.JPG
    --- Post Merged, Feb 21, 2017 ---
    I also just noticed that pressing the back of my screen makes the lines flicker and move. Not sure what that might mean?

4. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

Its definitely a hardware issue, and I'd take it to apple. Keep the photo incase it goes away.

5. Elizabethtt thread starter macrumors newbie

Elizabethtt

Okay, thanks, and boo. Do you think the shifted screen could be a hardware (graphics card?) issue as well?
    --- Post Merged, Feb 21, 2017 ---
    (Also, it seems strange the lines shift when I press on the back of the screen...maybe means a connection issue?)

6. Fishrrman macrumors G5

Fishrrman

If you have extended warranty coverage, take it to Apple, don't wait.
    They'll diagnose and repair it.