Vertical Lines/cannot recover/unresponsive

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by stevep320, Sep 16, 2010.

1. stevep320 macrumors newbie

iPhone 3GS 16GB
    there are black flickering vertical lines on a white screen from the moment it turns on, it does not go to the apple logo at all.
    [​IMG]

i've gotten it to connect to itunes to get this message every time...i am not forcing it into recovery mode, it just always is
    [​IMG]

notice that itunes displays no info for this iPhone no serial number/capacity/or software version
    when i click restore i get this
    [​IMG]

my first guess is that its a broken LCD but....
    even though iTunes recognizes it as an iPhone, it cannot recognize it's serial/software. i really hope it's not the logic board. anyone have any ideas???

2. stevep320 thread starter macrumors newbie

more

i used irecovery to get it out of the recovery loop...and changed the backlight level. was able to see a faint apple logo in the center of screen...which turns to something totally different shaped believe it is the usbcord and itunes logo screen when in recovery???

3. CSMchris376 macrumors regular

4. mertez macrumors newbie

steve have you maybe found a solution? I have spent a lot of time fighting with the same issue but i could not find nothing to bring it back.. let me know if you found something

thank you