Vertical lines

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Dr. Dolittle, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Dr. Dolittle macrumors newbie

I have a Mac PowerBook G4 and Yesterday I developed two vertical parallel lines in the centre of my screen. 1 blue the other green just 1mm apart. Any ideas of the cause and cure please?

2. harry*333 macrumors 6502a

harry*333

open 'digital color meter' under utilities
    move the mouse over the line and see if the color meter corresponds to what you're seeing
    if it does then try opening 'color sync utility' and verify and repair profiles
    if not then you probably have a hardware problem, use your original restore discs to run a hardware test

3. Dr. Dolittle thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried all that but the mouse seems to move behind the lines. Do you think it can be fixed?

4. harry*333 macrumors 6502a

harry*333

heres another test I just thought of
    take a screen shot that would contain the lines and see if they show up there
    if not then you have a hardware problem, first thing to check would be to try taking it apart enough to get to the cable connecting to the screen and try wiggling it and if you can disconnecting and reconnecting it
    if that doesn't fix it then you're out of luck and should just order a new screen or consider saving up for a new macbook pro because screens can run a few hundred dollars