Vertical Macbook Pro Sleeve

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by willhardiejr, Jun 6, 2010.

1. willhardiejr macrumors newbie

I just bought my new Macbook Pro i7! but I'm scared to take it out of the house... I need a sleeve. I really like the design aspect of many of the new ipad cases out there. I want something similar that will protect my laptop but give me the ability to slide it into the case from a vertical standpoint. I don't want anything that unzips to far down the body. I am even more intrigued by zipperless cases. I like the Marware sportfolio vertical and the Tom Bihn Cache. If you have any reviews of these or other suggestions, they are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. amarcus macrumors 6502

I'm in a similar situation and I've so far narrowed it down to these 3 sleeves:

1) Tom Bihn Vertical Brain Cell
    2) Waterfield Vertical Sleevecase
    3) Booq Vyper M3 (while not actually vertical... it's still in my shortlist!)

At this moment in time I'm leaning towards the waterfield as being the best compromise between protection and style, but really anything could change.

Adam

3. heliuscc macrumors member

Be.Ez Le Vertigo

Vertical bag I received two days ago, very pleased.

4. willhardiejr thread starter macrumors newbie

I looked at all of these. I am really looking for something that i can slide into a backpack, but carry if need be. The brain cell didn't seem like it would fit into a laptop slot in a backpack... and the booq just isn't what I'm looking for, even though it looks really nice. I am leaning toward the contour pocket sleeve.

http://retail.contourdesign.com/?/products/72

5. amarcus macrumors 6502

Any reservations with the waterfield then? It seems like a good compromise between style, heft and protection. After all this is what I'm most likely getting.

6. DMBGuru macrumors regular

I used the Tom Bihn Brain Cell which is basically the Cache but in a horizontal view. I don't think they make/sell it anymore, but when I used my 13" whitebook I loved it.

TB makes great cases.

7. Cyroceon macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

I have an STM Sleeve and I love it. It's over 2 years old now and looks and functions as if it were bought yesterday. Here is their site: CLICK!