Vertical Scratches

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jedivulcan, Oct 5, 2010.

1. jedivulcan macrumors 6502

I just bought an iPhone 4 from my local AT&T retail store... was just about to apply my Zagg InvisibleShield when I looked into the light, I noticed two distinct vertical scratches. Natural Apple related product neurosis kicked in. Machine made scratches... won't wipe off. I inspected it in the store before I bought it home and it didn't have any yellowing issues (iPhone 4 I picked up first was horrible).

AT&T won't exchange the thing; only returns. I like the phone... just disappointed a day later noticing it now.

I haven't taken the phone anywhere... it's been on my desk since I got it last night. Apple Store's an hour away... best to call Apple?

2. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

Just checking in to make sure that you dont have the factory clear shield still on your phone, if not, call apple, tell them it came from the box like that, 1 day old they'll replace it....they should

3. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

A hard surface like a desk could scratch it...
    (not necessarily the wood, but dirt on the wood)

4. mpossoff macrumors 68020

That's why when I got my phone at the AT&T store I wasn't leaving until the rep installed full body Zagg. I inspected iPhone first then the rep installed Zagg front and back.

Marc

5. jedivulcan thread starter macrumors 6502

It was on the screen side and I never put it face down. I was driven to the store. It was in my hand the whole time until it got to my desk. I don't wear rings...

I really don't trust anyone to pour liquid on the screen and install that Zagg stuff for me... after hearing about some cases with the Geek Squad and water damage, I can't imagine AT&T reps being that much more careful.

6. mpossoff macrumors 68020

It was Zagg dry install.

Marc

7. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

Yes, and be nice about it, they might let you send it back and give you a new one. The key here is MIGHt and BE POLITE, explain the situation calmly and don't try to embelish anything.

8. jedivulcan thread starter macrumors 6502

I explained my situation and they said they'd replace it. Something new that I've never had happen though is that they told me to drop it off at a selected local UPS Store... and they'd package it and ship it off the same day. I guess they have a contract with those selected stores.

Now I just need to find a paperclip. They used to send boxes; I guess this is faster. I might get a new phone by Friday.