Vertical stand for MBP

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by qom, Feb 8, 2009.

1. qom macrumors member

I saw some ad for a vertical stand for MBP, but can't remember where. Anyone know which one I mean?

2. InkMaster macrumors 6502a

3. qom thread starter macrumors member

Found those aswell, but those are not the ones I mean.

I saw this ad recently, maybe on macrumors, the stand was shown together with a Unibody MBP, and costed less than $50

That floater one seems neat and all, but not $300 neat

4. InkMaster macrumors 6502a

5. Superman07 macrumors 6502a

6. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

The Floater is one of the best vertical stands on general sale that I've tried, and the cable management is solved I suppose as best as possible without exorbitant additional cost given the nature of the notebooks.

But that aside, it's hard for me to take a company seriously who writes "look at it in the pale moonlight or in the light of the morning sun" regarding a Mac.

Or maybe it's how the real Mac user thinks. My imagination re: Macs runs more to "look at it in the fall down to the ground after I've thrown it out of the window or in the light of a reflective heavy-duty boot".

When considering a vertical stand however, it is worth bearing in mind the MBP's airflow requirements.

7. qom thread starter macrumors member

I've noticed that the Unibody MBP runs real hot when working in clamshell mode, but figured it would be alot better if it was standing vertical to optimize airflow, but maybe it's a no no anyway

8. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Exposing slightly more of the underside to still air while denying it an intake is still insufficient, don't you think?

9. Superman07 macrumors 6502a

Isn't there a vent above the keyboard/below the center of the screen? I too was worried running a new unibody in clam mode wouldn't bode well for the unit due to this design.

10. InkMaster macrumors 6502a

Yeah, there is a vent, but there's no difference between its position in the new and old MacBook/Pros/iBooks etc - its identical in all...

[​IMG]

But yeah, in alot of these stands, looks like the vent is being covered by the stand...

11. qom thread starter macrumors member