Vertical stripes taking photos?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thadoggfather, Sep 2, 2010.

1. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

it's been happening to me a bit recently, eventually the vertical stripes go away but for now they've been coming on. if i take a photo that looks like it has vertical stripes, it doesnt come out when the photograph is taken.

Anybody else? is this just a flaw with 4.0, 4.0.1 or 4.0.2 or is something hardware related?

Either way, using my phone unlocked in Austria so it will have to wait before I replace it if it's hardware. Just curious though, don't remember this happening before.

2. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

82 reads no replies?

it only really seems to happen in low light situations and has vertical striping before taking a picture. subtely shows up in low lighting photos too.

3. Schweitzer macrumors regular

Maybe if you would post sample pictures somebody knowledgeable could say something?

4. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

[​IMG]

maybe this is the green effect people are referring to. the vertical bands are more noticeable on a smaller screen or when the pic is resized to a smaller size.

Doesn't seem to happen in normal lighting, only low light. and i dont remember it doing it before.

http://bit.ly/bZqfPR

Video of shooting it.

either way, won't replace til i get back to the states if its hardware because im unlocked on 4.0.1 and on study abroad. but just curious :)

maybe its just the flourescent lighting, i dunno.

5. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

Kind of like this?

Attached Files:

6. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

It's because of low light conditions. Move on.

7. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

It doesn't happen in any of my low light photos. That's not something I've seen before.

8. xraytech macrumors 68020

That is inherent to the way the iPhone captures an image. Inherent to any camera phone actually.