iPad Pro Vertical use feels weird

Discussion in 'iPad' started by thefredelement, Nov 16, 2015.

1. thefredelement macrumors 65816

thefredelement

I'm not quite sure how to describe this but when holding the Pro vertically I sometimes feel as if it's bent or distorted somehow. It's an illusion as the device itself is fine but it's the strangest feeling. I guess it's so big that my eyes can tell the difference in distance when looking at the top half of the screen compared to the bottom part of the screen.

Is anyone else experiencing this or are my eyes/brain going wonky on me?

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

3. ReturnOfTheHMAC macrumors newbie

Yes, I had significant nausea after using the iPad pro for the first two days. I literally felt dizzy and sick.
    The feeling went away though (thankfully).

4. iPhisch macrumors 6502

Maybe they should have made the iPad Pro with a curved screen like the giant Samsung TVs to keep it all in view perspective.

Or, you're holding it too close... :)

5. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

Do you have an astigmatism? This happens to me, particularly if I'm wearing corrective lenses (especially my glasses; it's not as bad with my contacts); often items on screens look distorted to me, as if the screen is tilted away from me or has become slanted and the icons don't quite line up. Once you realize what's happening the effect will usually either lessen or you just learn to ignore it. I always see it most pronounced when I get a new prescription, and it can take a while for it to go away.

6. thefredelement thread starter macrumors 65816

thefredelement

I do! It's funny, I use my glasses (with a prism on one eye) at my desk but rarely with a portable device. Wow, good catch. I'll start using my glasses with the iPad.

7. H8ter2 macrumors newbie

H8ter2

I thought this only happened to me, lol