Vertical violet line on the middle of my screen

Discussion in 'iMac' started by segatoseb, Aug 5, 2009.

1. segatoseb macrumors newbie

Hi everybody

I had the bad discovery today,of an vertical and voilet line in the middle of my screen,running from top to bottom.
    I don't really know what to do,but this line is really annoying while watching a movie.
    Can somebody please telling me what this stuff is,and what will be the solution for solving this matter.

Thanks very much

seb

Attached Files:

2. zmttoxics macrumors 65816

zmttoxics

Looks like a bad screen. Usually not much you can do except replace the screen. Try searching the forums or google for iMac G5 screen / video issues, there may be better suggestions out there (I seem to recall there being many common problems with the iMac G5).

3. MTI macrumors 65816

It is also a well documented flaw in the Early 2006 Intel iMacs. The vertical line will not appear in an external monitor attached to the iMac, and the only known repair is to replace the LCD screen for many hundreds of dollars.

4. jrahn macrumors newbie

Consider yourself lucky. I have over 20 of those lines; yellow, purple, green and even a blue one in there. I work with Maya and the wireframes are killing me to try and differentiate from the vertical lines.

5. segatoseb thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, thank you all

I know what to do now,just having to get use with this new screen mate.
    I will probably look for a replacement screen on ebay,i did spot some guys selling some,or another option is to go for a bigger LCD screen plug into my G5 (could be the good option as i'm modeling timber frame project with SKETCHUP and did find my 17 inch a bit smaller to handle this kind of operation more than once).
    And having talking to few people around some branded LCD screen of 22 inch could be find for around 150 €.
    Many thanks again

seb