Verus Iron Shield iPhone 6 Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by perezr10, Sep 15, 2014.

1. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

After I ordered my iPhone 6 on Thursday night I couldn't go back to sleep so I shopped for a case for a few minutes and stumbled on the Verus Iron Shield. I ordered it and it's already here. I love this case! I have had countless cases for my iphone 5 but this one is my favorite. It's a nice balance of slimness and drop protection. With the 5 it seemed that you could have one or the other. But the iphone 6 is slim enought that you can now get both.

Also, after comparing to my wife's iPhone 5c, I gotta say that I'm pretty glad that I didn't get the 6 Plus. On Verizon's website Thursday night, the 64gb 6 Plus was available and I coulda ordered one for delivery this Friday. But since I use my phone in the gym and out running a lot I went for the 4.7". I'm so glad I did now that I have a chance to put this case on my arm, pocket, hands etc.

Anyway, here's a few pics of the case.

Attached Files:

2. Macnificant macrumors 6502a

Where are the pictures?

3. perezr10 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Another pic.

Attached Files:

4. perezr10 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Pic 3

Attached Files:

5. phobic99 macrumors 6502a

phobic99

Looks pretty nice. I wish they made one without the logo cut out though. Not really a fan of that personally.

Looking forward to more impressions though once you get the phone.

6. perezr10 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I should mention that it is named "Iron Shield" due to the metallic titanium colored rim. It looks great and my iPad camera doesn't do it justice. Also, each button is beveled like the aluminum rim on the iPhone 5 so that they all look quite attractive. I got this for $25 shipped at Amazon. It was marked down from $69 but I don't know if that is temporary during pre-launch pricing or just a marketing gimmick.

7. paulie6978 macrumors 6502a

paulie6978

I ordered the titanium

Looks sharp

How does it feel? Is the back matte/ grippable?

8. rynep macrumors newbie

rynep

I got the same for my iPhone 6... incredible quality. Without actually having the phone I'm impressed in the build quality.

9. BDoggPrelude macrumors regular

BDoggPrelude

Anybody else notice all of the Verus cases look suspiciously identical to Spigen's lineup? Literally...identical.

10. perezr10 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I actually shopped Spigen beforehand but picked the Verus over it because I thought it was nicer looking. For instance, the metal band is beveled like the iPhone 5. I thought this was one of the nicest design elements of that generation and I was disappointed that the iPhone 6 did away with it. Well, now I have it on my case.

I had Spigen cases for my iPhone 5 and the back scratched way too easy. With the Verus, the back is a nice grippy textured surface that seems impervious to scratches. Now the metallic bumper probably will scratch, but at least it's not sliding around on anything.

Attached Files:

11. volntitan macrumors 6502

Does it come with any kind of screen protector?

12. Kisey macrumors 6502a

Ugh, hate the Apple logo cutout on these nice cases..

13. clads01 macrumors member

Couldn't agree more. These manufacturers are missing out on a lot of business by not offering non-cutout versions.

14. volntitan macrumors 6502

So any comparable case to this or the Spigen without the cutout?

15. Kisey macrumors 6502a

The Spigen Neo Hybrid (non metal) does not have the Apple logo cutout.

16. volntitan macrumors 6502

I saw that. Like the look of the metal bumper, but that said not sure if it would look that much better than the regular Neo Hybrid and not sure if the cut out really bothers me.

17. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

That or a copy cat company. Looks like pretty good quality, though.

You can get Spigen knock offs on Ebay, but they use the same name.

I will stick with Spigen,,,

18. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

I can vouch for the quality of Verus Iron Shield for the iPhone 5/S. It was a very good piece of kit. For the price, it was well worth it. However, it did cause signal problems for me so I had to return it. Wound up getting a Neo Hybrid instead. Once again, I am hoping the rear antenna bands are less of an issue than the side bands of the older iPhone models.

19. volntitan macrumors 6502

Do you think the signal issues are due to the metal bumper? Did you get the Neo Hybrid normal or metal version?

20. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

For the 5/S, yes. Keep in mind that signal strength can vary from location to location. For me, with the Antenna bands on the sides of the iPhone 4 and 5 versions, this was always an issue, especially in my apartment where I normally get 2-3 solid bars without a metal case surrounding it. I have tried several metal/composite cases on the 4/5 all having the same results.

As for the 6, I am hopeful that the antenna bands on the back of the phone will not be affected by the metal sides of any case. Keep in mind that it's not just cell signal that I am concerned about, wifi and BT shouldn't be affected either.

I have ordered (so far) the Neo Hybrid normal, Metal, Air Skin, and hope to have a Caudabe Wisp (Veil) for review any day now. The Neo Hybrid normal, feels a little bit cheap to me (buttons and plastic) which I am a little dissapointed because the Neo Hybrid for the 5/S feels better in terms of the plastic used. That could be because of the rounded nature of the plastic. I will have to wait to see how the case feels with the phone inside.

I think my starting case opening day will be the SPIGEN Air Skin. ;)

21. arunka007 macrumors newbie

Hate the cutout

This would've been my dream case - if not for the logo cutout. The regular Neo Hybrid is the closest match if you're looking for a similar case without the cutout. I already got it and am not impressed with the build quality. Verus looks better.

Getting the Verus one in Monaco Blue for the space gray 4.7 phone.

22. zapbranighan macrumors newbie

Verus doesn't seem to have any iPhone 6 Plus (5.5) cases on their website:

http://veruscase.com/

I'm hoping that when they get around to making the iPhone 6 Plus Iron Shield that it won't come with a back logo cut out.

23. archrider macrumors 6502a

archrider

Why is everyone so upset with the cutout?

Why is everyone so upset with the cutout? Is it appearance or protection. The hole is deeply recessed and the Apple logo is made of stainless steel not Aluminum, way more durable. The recess protects it for lay on the table. It would have to be set on gravel to get to the vulnerable Aluminum in the hole.

I like the appearance it makes the back look less plain, it shows it's an iPhone and shows the color of the phone's Aluminum so if you buy a matching color bumper part it shows that it matches.

24. perezr10 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm with you. I love the cutout because it keeps the back from looking so plain.

25. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

Just ordered the Titanium silver. I was about to order it yesterday and glad I waited, it dropped like $7, to $15.99 for the darker silver color from $22.99. $2 shipping, wish it was Prime so I could get it in time for my iP6, but I'll just have to be super careful over the weekend.