Very afraid to work on Aperture

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by princigalli, Mar 27, 2012.

1. princigalli macrumors 6502

I am a (relatively) happy Aperture user, but after seeing what Apple did to FCP X I am slowly getting nervous about adding to the Aperture library. I'm thinking about moving everything to Adobe Lightroom. Anyone else with the same experience?

2. aristobrat macrumors G5

I don't think Aperture was written on an old code base from a gazillion years ago like Final Cut was. I dont think it's likely to get a Final Cut X-like rewrite anytime soon.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Only time will tell if apple will gut Aperture, but I tend to doubt this. In fact apple is busy adding features back into FCPX.

I'm more worried about apple's dedication to aperture, This was originally a pro app that is seemingly being pointed to consumer segment, but apple already has a consumer photo app - iPhoto.

I like Aperture, and I also like Lightroom, both have their strengths and weaknesses. Rumors are starting to swirl of an Aperture 4 coming out later this year. Wait for that to hit the streets and then see if it has the features you want/need.

4. njean777 macrumors 6502

Dont really see a problem with aperture. I never really saw a problem with FC either. If the old software worked then keep on using it. There is nothing demanding that you move on to the new software.