Very annoying GDB Problem

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by willmeister, Jun 13, 2010.

1. willmeister macrumors newbie

I cannot understand why the GDB craps out saying "unrecognized selector" when there it is connected to the appropriate method inside Interface Builder. What I have to add is that I'm using a View Controller, and the IBAction is defined inside the view controller.

Program compiles fine with no warnings but every time I press a button, the application abruptly terminates.

Any thoughts?

2. xsmasher macrumors regular

xsmasher

3. willmeister thread starter macrumors newbie

I've tried changing the argument classes as if that would help but tried anyway.
    Made sure I named things correctly and everything was connected up properly in IB. I just can't figure out where I went wrong. The only argument is of type id coming from a UIButton so... the instance, I'm pretty sure is my UIViewController with the action method.

- (IBAction) pushController: (id) sender;

I've tried:

- (IBAction) pushController: (UIButton *) sender;

Another thing I've noticed is that when I try to add a button to the ViewController's view it doesn't show up at all.

4. willmeister thread starter macrumors newbie

You know when you make such ... basic mistakes you don't see them?

Turns out that UIViewController doesn't have a defined action called pushController. That will be found in *my* custom UIViewController.

What I did was

UIViewController *rootViewController = [[UIViewController alloc] initWith...]

etc etc etc

Helps when one uses their own custom classes to get custom behaviours. :p