VERY annoying gmail error!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by glossywhite, Mar 30, 2009.

1. glossywhite macrumors 65816

glossywhite

Hi all. Had my iPod Touch 1g working fine with gmail... but then it borked, suddenly tonight. My password is 110% correct, as I have tested it via webmail interface :/:

[​IMG]

I've deleted and re-entered my Gmail settings a TON of times, but to no avail.
    Can anyone assist me?. IMAP is on in my Gmail account, btw. Thanks.

2. saberahul macrumors 68040

Delete account. Shut down ipod (the full turn off). Turn it back on. Create gmail account.

3. glossywhite thread starter macrumors 65816

glossywhite

Done that. Didn't work.

4. kwk1 macrumors regular

kwk1

Have you tried resetting your settings back to default?
    Do you have authentication set to password?

I was on the phone with Apple support yesterday trying to set up my email account from my internet provider. I had a lot of trouble but eventually it worked, some info was entered incorrectly. She(Apple) set up a gmail account for me so I could test and make sure email was working on my touch, and it was. Most of the time it's wrong info entered in. I'm assuming you have other email account(s) that work properly?

If you can contact Apple support, they will be able to help you.

5. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

I've had this error happen. Not sure why, but periodically it just stops working. I don't know if Google updated something in gmail or what, but I do have a solution that has always worked for me.

Go into your gmail account via your browser/computer, and reset the IMAP/forwarding settings. Then reenter your account info into the iPod Touch. I have had to do this a couple of times. Here's my settings:

[​IMG]