Very annoying mouse problem. Help?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sal Collaziano, Dec 29, 2007.

1. Sal Collaziano macrumors regular

I'm using a Dell mouse with my MacBook Pro. For whatever reason, I just couldn't get used to the Mighty Mouse I purchased with it. Anyway, I have mine setup so that the left button is the main button to open links and folders, etcetera -- and the right button brings up the drop-down menu (just like on a PC).

The problem is - the left button takes on the right button's characteristics - often. So then both the left AND right button work as a right button. What could be causing this? Has it happened to anyone else?

Thanks in advance...

2. CalPolyMBP macrumors newbie

what is probably happening is that the sensors are feeling both your fingers on the left and right clicker. on a traditional mouse that actually clicks, this is fine because you are not actually clicking down but on the new mightymouse, often your finger on the left clicker will be acknowledged in addition to your intended right click. hence, try to get into the habit of keeping your left clicker finger slightly hovering above as to not confuse the mouse. good luck & cheers!

3. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

But he said he's using a Dell mouse, not an Apple one.

4. Sal Collaziano thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks anyway. This seems to be a unique, me-only, problem. Am I right?

5. oseary macrumors member

No, it's happened to me from time to time, but always on a PC and not on a Mac. I know you're on a Mac, but what I had to do to fix it may work for you too.

I used to simply press down and hold with my index finger, then click once with the right button, and that seemed to resolve my issue.

Let me know if that does anything for you! :p