Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bezares

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 24, 2015
México
Hi everybody
When I bought iPhone 6, I immediately went to Caudabe's page to buy 2 cases I watched here. After several months, when I removed the case I saw lot of stains in the back of the iPhone caused by the Veil. I emailed them and they told me that it was the first case they ever know, even when in internet are a lot of cases like mine.

The same happened to another iPhone 6 and to a 6s plus, I bought cases for both devices after the first issue thinking it was caused for me as they originally said. Yesterday I saw that those devices have stains too.

I'm very dissapointed with their quality control and quality of their materials.

My recommendation is not to buy them, you are going to damage your iPhone.

Bezares

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 24, 2015
México
Well, I emailed them over the previous mail with the first issue. They used to answer in minutes, with this one, no.
Let's see if they say something.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Hi everybody
When I bought iPhone 6, I immediately went to Caudabe's page to buy 2 cases I watched here. After several months, when I removed the case I saw lot of stains in the back of the iPhone caused by the Veil. I emailed them and they told me that it was the first case they ever know, even when in internet are a lot of cases like mine.

The same happened to another iPhone 6 and to a 6s plus, I bought cases for both devices after the first issue thinking it was caused for me as they originally said. Yesterday I saw that those devices have stains too.

I'm very dissapointed with their quality control and quality of their materials.

Pics?

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
Hi everybody

Just curious but how does a thin plastic case cause stains?

Bezares

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 24, 2015
México
Just curious but how does a thin plastic case cause stains?

That's the same question I did to Caudabe support, they told me I maybe dropped some liquid on my iPhone, come on! How the hell was I going to do such thing! Let's suppose I did it unintentional with the first iPhone, but with the second?

I attached here the same pictures I sent them the first time.
The stains are from the word "iPhone" to the bottom and in the antenna area, are the little white dots that can be seen. Depending on the angle the white dots are more or less visible. See the pics in full size.
20151123_122834.jpg
20151123_122847.jpg

sawah

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2010
Dust got underneath your phone case and scratched it. You need to take your case off and clean it every once in awhile.

Bezares

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 24, 2015
México
Dust got underneath your phone case and scratched it. You need to take your case off and clean it every once in awhile.

No, it si not caused by the dust, they are not scratches but stains. After my very bad first experience, I removed the case (caudabe too) every 3 days or 4 from iPhone 6s+, 2 weeks after I put the case, the same stains were in that new iPhone. Definitely its a quality material issue.

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2012
England
Looks like dust marks to me too.

Tiny dust/grains get inside and settle between phone and case, then pressure from placing down onto hard surfaces or from inside a pocket pushes the foreign particles against the aluminium.

xsimplyjosh

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2015
That's why I'm partially not fond of caudabe cases... Rather get a 2$ cheapskate soft gel case, less likely to have such issues... I wanted that design but at the pricepoint was to high and also it's very fragile so have to be extra careful.

Bezares

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 24, 2015
México
Looks like dust marks to me too.

Tiny dust/grains get inside and settle between phone and case, then pressure from placing down onto hard surfaces or from inside a pocket pushes the foreign particles against the aluminium.

If it would be as you say (dust) so everybody would have those marks on their iPhones. I have used other cases with no consequences. As I said from the very beginning, it's a matter of materials quality.
[doublepost=1459184447][/doublepost]
That's why I'm partially not fond of caudabe cases... Rather get a 2$ cheapskate soft gel case, less likely to have such issues... I wanted that design but at the pricepoint was to high and also it's very fragile so have to be extra careful.

Totally agree.
I learned it too late.

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2012
England
It's a very tight fitting case, particles of dust, grain, grit or whatever get trapped and mark the phone.

If it's a stain it should come off with some elbow grease. Try one of those white magic sponges, that would remove a stain.

Bezares

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 24, 2015
México
It's a very tight fitting case, particles of dust, grain, grit or whatever get trapped and mark the phone.

If it's a stain it should come off with some elbow grease. Try one of those white magic sponges, that would remove a stain.

I tried with alcohol hoping it didn't get worst but the stains didn't went off. I'll try with what you say.

Bezares

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 24, 2015
México
Just as update...
Any solution works to remove the stains, I don't want to try anything else because I'm afraid it could get worst.

Thank you very much Caudabe.

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
Definitely dust or something else rubbing up against your phone. It might even be accumulated lint from your pockets. It can't be the case material - that's just flimsy plastic. Simple materials science that soft flimsy plastic isn't scratching 7000 series aluminum or whatever is in there. I've been using the Veil since my iPhone 5 years ago and have never had scratches like that. I converted a bunch of friends and relatives who haven't had any issues (except breakage which was always replaced under warranty).

Bezares

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 24, 2015
México
Definitely dust or something else rubbing up against your phone. It might even be accumulated lint from your pockets. It can't be the case material - that's just flimsy plastic. Simple materials science that soft flimsy plastic isn't scratching 7000 series aluminum or whatever is in there. I've been using the Veil since my iPhone 5 years ago and have never had scratches like that. I converted a bunch of friends and relatives who haven't had any issues (except breakage which was always replaced under warranty).

Materials for iPhone 5 and iPhone 6 are different, one is glass and the toher one is aluminum, the "reaction" of the aterial used for the Veil could be different in each material.
Those are not scratches, are little stain dots. It happens 4 months ago to my iPhone 6 and 2 weeks ago to my iPhone 6s plus.
If it is accumulated lintf from my pocket, so all my iPhones would be the same no matter what case I use.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.