Very Bad Problems! (Charging is not supported with this accessory)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sidelsky18, Apr 30, 2011.

1. sidelsky18 macrumors newbie

So today, for no reason, my iphone (3gs) started having the following problems:

1) Coming randomly out of standby (like I hit the home button).
    2) No function at all from home button.
    3) Phone displays "Charging is not supported with this accessory" and related messages and problems even when nothing is plugged in.
    4) Sound out of speakers is about 10% of normal volume, even when at max.
    5) Phone will randomly enter "voice command"

Some of these problems come and go, and there's other miscellaneous issues, but these are the most prominent ones.

My phone is out of warranty, so I can't get it fixed with apple. I suspect it might have something to do with the charging end, I took some dust out of there but it didn't change anything.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. sidelsky18 thread starter macrumors newbie

I mean, I really doubt it is, it was in my pocket today when someone splashed water on me, but I doubt very much touched it if at all.

It's starting to get really weird, like the home button will work for a little bit and then voice control will randomly activate and then I'll lose control of the phone and it'll act like I'm screwing with the home button (the quick-start menu will pop up, it'll switch black-and-white mode, voice control, etc...)

Maybe it is water damage? I mean, the phone wasn't wet or anything, how would I know?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That would explain it though cause those symptoms come with water damage.
    Check your moist sensors one is on the bottom of the phone where it plugs in and the other on the top where the headphone wire goes.

5. sidelsky18 thread starter macrumors newbie

I can't see any pink, but I may just be missing it. What should I do? I turned off the phone and took out the sim tray.

6. sidelsky18 thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess there was minor water damage, the problems have mostly gone away. Thank you!