Very Basic Image Editor

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dingdongbubble, Jul 31, 2007.

1. dingdongbubble macrumors 6502a

Can you please suggest a very basic image editing tool? I want to resie images, crop them and carry out other very basic tasks. I will be using it to prepare image for my web designs. Also it should be able to create a reflection under the image and make round curves and stuff. Preferably free and low on resources.

2. gohaku macrumors newbie

re: very basic image editor

you know what's good, picnik.com
    it's a web based photo editor and does a pretty good job.

check it out.

-g

3. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

You want something like MS Paint so Seashore is what you want.

4. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

5. dingdongbubble thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks folks I am now going to check out seashore. i had heard about it but i forgot to check it out. thanks
    and ummm for how long can i use the graphic converterx trial?

6. dingdongbubble thread starter macrumors 6502a

OK I gt a problem. I am using Seshore, it looks good and all but how do I enter a hex value to be used like when using paint bucket. It only shows sliders and stuff but I cant enter a hex value.

Secondly as I am not realy into high end imageing can you tell me how to add a round edge to something?

7. DaveF macrumors 6502a

Any other mid-range image editors? Seashore looks too rudimentary for me but Photoshop is overkill. Anything like Paint Shop Pro? Anywhere from free to about $80 is OK.

8. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

GraphicConverter

9. DaveF macrumors 6502a

I'll check out GraphicConverter. I didn't realize it had editing functions; perhaps they will be sufficient.

10. lugesm macrumors 6502a

lugesm

I have used Adobe Photoshop Elements for years, but I always maintained a simple, quick image editor for small, quick jobs.
    That was with a Windows PC.

Now that I am on Mac full-time, I find I need the same two elements; a powerful, comprehensive program, and a fast-launching basic program.

After a thorough evaluation of Seashore I could not be happier. This is a really nice little editor. Launches instantly, unlike Photoshop Elements. Has all the basics in a simple interface. And . . . . the price isn't bad either . . . :D

11. Oats macrumors regular

12. DaveF macrumors 6502a

Seashore really is quite decent. After my initial dismissal, I had to spend more time with it and it's got more features than I initially realized. As for Acorn and Pixelmator, I'm waiting until they mature before buying one. Each is missing a tool I want.