Very basic iMovie questions

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by evilclown, Jan 28, 2011.

1. evilclown macrumors newbie

I just bought a new iMac & have the iMovie app on my iPhone which obviously limits you. Now that I have iMovie11 on my iMac can I send voice memos from my iPhone and use them in iMovie on my iMac? Also any movies I made on my phone can I again email them to myself & edit them in iMovie on the iMac? iThanksYou!

2. kohlson macrumors 6502a

Unfortunately, no iPhone for me (yet-Verizon).
    First, conceptually no reason why you cannot take audio and lay it onto an iMovie segment, or take a video shot on an iPhone and re-edit with iMovie. But, in the Wonderful World of Video things are not always as they seem. So you may need the help of tools and utilities to modify/transform/encode things the way you want them. These include handbrake, QTime7 Pro ($20), Perian, VLC, Flip4Mac. QT7 Pro (not the QT X that comes standard with a new iMac) performs lots of useful Save As and Exports that can really save the day. I don't think you'll need QTPro for this, but when you do, spend the $20 -- well worth it.

3. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Why email them? Do they not transfer to the Mac when you sync your iPhone?

4. boch82 macrumors 6502

when you sync your phone make sure to sync movies. Just bring the files into imovie and thats all you need to do.