Very Basic Question

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Pani, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Pani macrumors member

Pani

Is there somewhere online to go to make a picture smaller so it will fit a message board specification? There is this one board I have been on forever, but I can't put my pic up because it is too many pixels. Not even sure what a pixel is, to me it sounds like something one would name a hamster or gerbil. I don't have a digital camera and the two pics I have on my computer I got totally by chance. I don't want to buy any software program because it really isn't my thing. I just want to put my pic up in one specific place because many of those posters know me, they just dont realize it. Thanks!

2. M@lew macrumors 68000

M@lew

1) You could host it on Imageshack.us and link it to your board.

2) You get get a program like ImageWell that easily resizes it yourself and then upload it.

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Sure, go here.

You could also post your pic here and tell us what size you need.

4. jlcharles macrumors 6502

flickr also automatically resizes pictures for you.

5. Pani thread starter macrumors member

Pani

You Rock!

Thank you all very much!
    You folks really ROCK! I tried the site suggested by RDowns and it worked beautifully. Who knew it was that simple. Wonder how many other tech things I am missing out on cause they are alot easier than I thought they would be!!!

6. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

On a side note, if you had an apple computer your software bundle would have included 'Preview', and 'iPhoto' which have very capable and simple to use photo editing tools.;)