Very Bizarre Error with YouTube (unable to approve/remove comments)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by amphibious, May 19, 2008.

1. amphibious macrumors member

Ok, this is the strangest error I have ever run into in almost 20 years of using computers.

A couple days ago, I stopped being able to approve or remove comments on my videos or comment on ANY videos. I share an account with my girlfriend and she can approve and remove comments, but I can't.

At first I thought it might be one of the bizarre problems that occasionally happen with cached files, so I cleared everything out... no luck. Tried a different browser, no luck. Restarted, tried both browsers, nothing. Logged into a different account on my computer, no luck. Logged into a different YouTube account, didn't do anything...

Here's what I've tried:

Mac Pro (OS 10.5): Firefox, Safari.
    MacBook (OS 10.4): Firefox, Safari.
    Dell B120 (Windows XP): Firefox, Internet Explorer.
    ASUS Eee PC (Linux): Firefox.

All of these computers are at my place and ALL of them have this problem. I can block and unblock users, but I can't approve or remove comments, or make my own comments.

With the same account, but with a different internet connection everything works for my girlfriend. I know I really should bring one of the laptops over to her place, but haven't had a chance to do that yet.

Anyone else experienced this? Anyone know how to fix it?

It's so lame.

2. Satori macrumors 6502a

Satori

It's a strange one alright!

I think you are half way to answering your own question here... this is clearly a problem with either your internet router or (less likely) your ISP. I assume you use a router to manage the connections from the many machines you mention in your post.. why not try resetting this to see if that helps?