Very confused....Verizon != Comcast

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Sean7512, May 10, 2007.

1. Sean7512 macrumors 6502a

I am very confused at what is happening outside our house....

A few days ago, we got a note on our door saying "Quanta Services, an authorized contractor for Verizon Communications, will begin to install new communication lines in your neighborhood over the next few days. Your lawn will have to be dug up, and blah blah blah." (I assumed this was for FIOS, right?, well..

The last few days, they have been putting marking flags and spray paint on everyone's lawn in our neighborhood. Anyways, today, they began digging and installing these new "communication lines," but EVERY truck there is a Comcast truck.

Why would this note claim that they are installing lines for Verizon Communications, when there is nothing but Comcast trucks outside...it is very strange.

Does anyone know what is possibly going on? I was thinking that Verizon Communications owned Comcast, but I do not believe that is correct.

2. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    Just a WAG but I would say that Quanta contracts for both of them.

3. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

4. Sean7512 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks....they must have just placed the wrong thing on our doors. I wonder what these new Comcast lines are? :confused: All that Comcast offers is already available to us. They must be rolling something new, I have no idea. I do know that they are making quite a mess out there though.

5. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

6. Sean7512 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'll try...all I know is that they are extremely thick and bright orange. It almost blinds you just from looking at it, haha.

7. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

8. smokeyrabbit macrumors 6502

That sounds like what went on in our neighborhood right before we were abducted by aliens. Go right outside and hack through that orange "cable" of death as though your life depends on it!!!

9. ChrisWB macrumors 6502

Uh oh, that doesn't sound good. Do you hear hissing from the ground near the lines? Does your grass grow slightly longer above the lines?