Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ViPhone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 2, 2010
Miami, Florida
So I was in the gym and all of a sudden my phone restarted. I'm assuming it's because my development profile expired. I renewed it in the provisioning portal and am now attempting to return the phone to its original condition. It was running beta 5 and I figure I should just update it to the newest one. I'm currently getting the set-up screens stating "connect to iTunes or set up your phone over WiFi and cannot get past these screens.

Any ideas on how to fix this? What I can do?

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
So I was in the gym and all of a sudden my phone restarted. I'm assuming it's because my development profile expired. I renewed it in the provisioning portal and am now attempting to return the phone to its original condition. It was running beta 5 and I figure I should just update it to the newest one. I'm currently getting the set-up screens stating "connect to iTunes or set up your phone over WiFi and cannot get past these screens.

Any ideas on how to fix this? What I can do?

You need to activate the phone. Follow the instructions on the screen.

ViPhone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 2, 2010
Miami, Florida
It's saying I can't activate it because the activation server is temporarily unavailable. Try again in a few minutes. I'm not entirely sure it will ever work because this process that I'm going through right now seems like its the process undergone when opening the new iPhone 5, so of course the activation server would be unavailable.

God this sucks. Any other thoughts/help?

stigzy

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2008
Norway
Got the same problem here. Tried to restore to beta 7, but get error all the time. Got iTunes 10.5 beta 8 and when i install beta 7 of itunes it comes in a strange language, russia or something so i cant understand anything. Going to work today, and i really need my iPhone up and going.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.