Very desperate - searching for a picture batch editor

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Bifteq, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Bifteq macrumors newbie

Bifteq

Hello my dear friends!
    I recently switched 99% to a mac and im having a very hard time to find an alternative software like "PhotoScape" on windows!

I print a list of applications i use on windows and started searching for alternatives!

I find everything i needed except that!
    I looked in to many many forums (inc here)... tested more than 50 software but no luck at all!

Please post here if you have something in mind that could help me!
    Free or commercial doesnt matter! The only link between me and my PC is photoscape and this is killing me!

A full noisy tower - 100 cables everywhere just for running one app. (winebottler wont run it normally)

What exactly im looking for (for those of you who dont know "PhotoScape")

Is a multi batch editor for pictures with "preset" feature. (not a photo organizer or something like iphoto)

I want to be able to add lets say 10 images, load the xxx partner preset
    and.. (auto action for that specific preset)

<example>
    - resize them with max width 600px
    - place a watermark with the name of the partner to a specific location on the image. text watermark with outline color and basic text tools predifined for each preset
    - rename them like "partner-01" - "partner-02" - "partner-03" etc etc
    -export them in Jpeg format with quality 80 to a subfolder called "partner-xxx" inside the folder with the originals.

I know it may sound crazy to some but photoscape is doing all these and many more easily in a sec. Set once and forget !

best

2. VictoriaStudent macrumors regular

VictoriaStudent

you could always use something like VMware Fusion. It's not that expensive & I'm sure it will run that 'ware without a problem.

best of luck.

3. ComputersaysNo macrumors 6502

ComputersaysNo

you can make actions in photoshop, or use freeware like this: http://www.bordermaker.nl/en/home.html

4. Bifteq thread starter macrumors newbie

Bifteq

thank you for your suggestions my friends!!!

ill check everything out and post back!!

best!:)

Edit!
    bordermaker: test it but unfortunately it dont have enough controls for my needs! no outline on text (only black shadow no matter the text col.) - no advanced renaming and many more....

GraphicConverter may do the trick ... downloading a demo!

VMware Fusion seems to be a nice solution but do it need a version of windows to be able to run it?!

Excuse me, i read their page but i dont understand good English and they mention to their page something about windows

and can it really run any windows software?

i think this could save my (computing) life as im using foobar a lot as well (for my audio) ... in mac i have cog and is very nice but im still missing some little things! :) and there are some more little apps but not major things.

thank you very much for your time and sorry for my English ... im doing my best (still with a dictionary next to me :eek:)

5. crypticlineage macrumors regular

I haven't read your entire post, but look into ImageMagick.

6. Corndog5595 macrumors 65816

You practically just described Automator precisely.

It's included on your computer.

7. Bifteq thread starter macrumors newbie

Bifteq

automator can do the half things (and more) but i dont think it will work for everything.. but i will re-research about anyway so thanks :)

**Is it possible to add a text watermark with an off-set, to a specific location with automator?

8. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Yes. It doesn't let you run Windows software: it lets your run Windows.

Aperture can do everything you want but it's more of an all in solution for importing, editing and managing your images.