Very difficult to put screen protector on white iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vampireszombies, May 20, 2011.

1. vampireszombies macrumors 6502

I had a black iPhone 4 before and just got a white one today and while I found it rather easy to attach my screen protector on my black iPhone (powersupport) near perfectly aligned.
    Now today i tryed to apply the new protector over the white and lemme tell you, it was hell! But eventually got it perfect. (holding it up to the light to see where the darn thing was - I dont have vision problems, im young)

The phones front glass looks like it already has a screen protector on the way the glass looks ontop of whiteness so the protector was so hard to see where I was aligning the holes and edges. On the black you can actually see what your doing and where the holes on the protector are while putting it on.

If that didnt make any sense, I'm sure people who've owned black iPhones before the white and are now putting screen protection on realizes what I'm talking about.

Am I the only one, did any of you have this problem?

2. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

Haha yeah I know what you mean. On the black iPhone you can actually see where the screen protector is and it's much easier to align. The white one is a lot more difficult to put on for the first time. (You get use to it after a few tries) It took me a good 10 minutes to put one on for my friend. I kept screwing up the alignment. I eventually got it on, perfectly.

3. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

did the OP have any problems with the white's proximity sensor?

4. vampireszombies thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, I was actually beginning to think i was never gonna get the sucker on. I literally tried about 20-30 times, taking it on and off, and im usually good at this stuff lol

5. JackSpearo macrumors regular

if you had to hold it up to light to see where it was, you have some OCD issues lol...

and yes, my proximity sensor isn't working on my white iphone 4... apple is sending me a brand new one... i dunno if it's the sensor or protector, but even when i cover up the sensor with my finger, the screen still doesn't dim

6. vampireszombies thread starter macrumors 6502

Nope the sensor works perfect. I highly recommend powersupport screen protectors, there the best if thats the concern.:)

7. vampireszombies thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I guess I am very anal about having to have things perfect and even.:)
    Thats weird, my phone hasnt shown any problems with the sensor. Maybe its only a certain batch?

8. Bonds79 macrumors 6502

I had the apple store put it on for me

9. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

So it's only certain screen protectors/shields that hinder the proximity sensor?

10. vampireszombies thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm assuming so, the only one i heard of and wouldnt doubt of altering the sensor would be the zagg shield, because there just awful. I've had screen protectors/shields on each gen of iPhone and even my previous black iPhone 4 without ever having issues with the sensor, and yet to see any problems with the whites sensor. Then again, I never tryed a zagg on an iPhone before, I have on an android (samsung captivate) and it was pretty wack and never bought it again.