Very Dim Screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by uksas12, Jul 22, 2013.

1. uksas12 macrumors newbie

So I spilled a small amount of water on my MBA on Thursday, but it was closed, so I just wiped the outside and went about my business. I didn't think anything of it, and the next morning the screen was very, very dim. It appears to be working properly, as I can hear sounds and BARELY see the icons on the screen, though not enough to really operate the machine.

Does anyone know what the issue could be? I have tried increasing/decreasing the brightness and it does not work.

Would it possibly dry out (assuming water got down in between where the screen opens) in a few more days? I have an appointment at the Apple Store later today, but if this is something I just need to give more time to dry out, then I would prefer to not go.

Thanks for any advice/comments you may have!

2. ylrd macrumors member

ylrd

3. uksas12 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks - that's what I did and it was my fear...damaged logic board :(. If anyone knows a better way to get this repaired other than going through Apple, please let me know. As I told the associate, I would prefer to just buy one new rather than pay them $775. Obviously my own fault, so maybe it is what it is, but I've read of others sending them off to people on eBay, though I've always been hesitant to do such a transaction.

My iPhone 5 also had a non-functioning off button and the cable was fried, all occuring this weekend, so it's been a long couple of days for me...at least they replaced my phone for free though.

4. ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

It sounds to me like the backlight isn't working.