Very disappointed in the Bump bumper

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by smurray, Jan 31, 2013.

1. smurray macrumors regular

Well after over a month of waiting I finally received my Bump bumper from www.bumpnz.com. I must say I'm incredibly disappointed in it, and find it to be nowhere near worth the $20 price. The build quality is quite bad, worse than the dx.com bumper I bought for a couple bucks. The fit is loose and the buttons are subpar. The seam between the two types of plastic is very rough. About the only positive thing it has going for it is the fact that it's slightly thinner than the bumper I got from dx.com. I had such high hopes for this bumper and I cannot express enough how let down I am. Still trying to decide whether it's worth trying to get a refund, pretty sure it would be expensive to ship this thing back to New Zealand. Unfortunately I think that's what the company is counting on.

2. sweetestbaboon macrumors member

sweetestbaboon

but it sez "bump"!
    Seriously though I'm still pretty psyched about this bumper, so can you post a couple of pix just so the rest of us can see what it looks like?
    Thanks!

3. smurray thread starter macrumors regular

I'll try and post some pics tonight. I'm at work now and the bumper is currently sitting at home.

4. sweetestbaboon macrumors member

sweetestbaboon

Muchas gracias!
    I appreciate your efforts & look forward to it.

5. ipodlover77 macrumors 65816

ipodlover77

This was the case I actually wanted but when i checked a month ago, it said that it stopped shipping.

6. sweetestbaboon macrumors member

sweetestbaboon

It seems there was a production issue before, but it's been cleared up & these bumps are a'shippin'...

7. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

Those look horrible! Same as the 99cent bumpers on ebay. Looks like a jr high kid did the webpage.

8. KoukiFC3S macrumors 6502a

9. rperalta, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013

rperalta macrumors 6502

I'm wondering if they send your the case from their initial run by mistake. Did you try to contact them and get it resolved"

I emailed them over a week ago that I was interested in the case but I was concerned because someone from the Macrumors forum bought the case and the quality is not good...it's comparable to $2 Ebay bumper. They admitted they had the initial run issue but they stopped immediately and didn't sell nor ship any case. As far as the $2 Ebay bumper quality, they said that they don't understand because they never shipped any case to anyone that ordered, they asked if the forum member bought the case directly from bumpnz.com because their bumper case is suppose to be thinner that the rest.